Eating Elk Intestine??

wapitibob

WKR
They specifically said they leave the poop in the intestines, then said something about tasting like candy. They tied a knot in each end to keep the turds in there....

I've been watching Pure Trophies' YouTube channel. Those guys almost always take the (large?) intestine and stomach of the elk and drop it in their meat bags. They swear it makes some good food, but never show videos of cooking or eating it. How are they cooking this stuff? Has anyone else ventured into this seemingly forbidden culinary culture, if so is it any good?

Just need to know if I need to pack the guts out on my next kill!

CJF, watching Steve Rinella's Meateater show has got me thinking. Next elk I shoot gonna try the heart and maybe graduate to liver the following year. That's it for me, though.

OP
CJF

CJF

WKR
They specifically said they leave the poop in the intestines, then said something about tasting like candy. They tied a knot in each end to keep the turds in there....
That's exactly what I'm talking about...I need an explanation for it.

I always take weird parts that aren’t actually food, and make some small speech about it. Makes for good YouTube.

4ester

WKR
But most wouldn’t bat an eye at eating some some sausage links which are the same thing. Or eating Hogmaw (which is cabbage and potatoes cooked inside a pig stomach).

Clean it and use it. I see no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tater

WKR
Expand your pallette and hit up Robbie Burns Night next January 25th and eat some haggis...