Ebay find

woods89

WKR
A couple weeks ago I found an SWFA 3-9x42 with the old Mil-dot reticle on ebay. I had to pay full new price for it but with the newer versions of these scopes backordered for who knows how long I decided to pick it up. I've been favorably impressed just looking at it. Last night was cloudy and I was watching deer about 500 yds behind my house in a field and I think I could have shot one within down to 5 min or so from legal shooting time. On a clear evening it would have taken me all the way to the wire.

This one will go on a CZ 527 223. It's going to probably be my main deer rifle this fall as I want to get some personal experience with the 77 gr TMK.

For those of you with CZ 527's, FYI Sportsmatch, the company that makes the well favored rings for Tikka's, makes 1'' and 30mm rings for the dovetail on these rifles. I ordered TO74's and just got them. They make this scope sit a little high, although quite workable, so I just ordered TO85's which should be about as low as I can go with this scope and still clear the bolt handle. They have a recoil pin that works with the notch in the CZ dovetail and look to be quite solid. The TO84 rings that work on Tikka's apparently work on CZ's also, although you will have to remove the recoil pin as it is in a different location.

I'm really looking forward to getting this scope figured out. This is my first FFP scope and I think it will be a great match for this little rifle. I would have preferred the Mil-Quad reticle but I see this Mil-dot as being very useful as well.

It’s a great scope. I did have trouble getting the crosshairs on a whitetail vitals..but it was 1-2 minutes into shooting light in the dark timber. I think for that only a pretty heavy duplex or illumination would have worked. Otherwise I have killed stuff with it at 3x without a problem.