Eberlestock Destroyer for early season?

SteveTX

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all

I’m planning a solo high country archery muley hunt for ‘21 in CO. In the early stages of compiling my gear list. I was able to pick up a used but new Eberlestock V69 Destroyer for cheap before I really knew what I was looking for in a pack. Looking at the specs, at 3660 c.i., it seems like it should work for a 4-6 day stint away from the truck based on what I’ve read. Curious to hear anyone’s thoughts or feedback.
Appreciate it.

It will work fine. Spend some time adjusting the fit to you. Do a lot of training hikes with the gear you will actually be carrying on your planned trip. You have plenty of time to experiment with it to make sure it will work for you.

Go hunt did a fun video where they destroyed a few packs, including an eberlestock, it's worth watching for entertainment and to see how packs are actually different.

For me that pack would be too small and too heavy for 6 days from the truck, but you've definitely got enough time to run some tests near home and figure out what works for you.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

OP
S

SteveTX

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. I know it’s on the heavy end for packs these days. This being my first trip, and solo, and looking at access where I’m hoping to go, I think I can camp within 2 miles of the truck, and stay within 5 miles overall. I’ve already started doing some rucks with 30lbs here at home. The weight that I need to drop is a lot more than the 8lb pack I’m carrying.....thanks again.