Eberlestock gun runner

mcseal2

WKR
Yeah I tried the X1A3 as well. My wife still uses it when she hunts on occasion. She isn't packing a ton or walking as far.

For me the Team Elk was the right fit. The frame for structure and larger top opening are just faster and quieter to get my big call in and out. Not having zipper teeth around the top opening to make noise against the plastic call body is a big plus for me. I've been using it for years now and have no plans to change.

I switch between a bolt gun and AR depending on the terrain and day, I like a wide scabbard to hold the AR. I also really like not having a sling on my rifle, that's one more thing that moves when I am getting on a coyote.

I almost never carry a shotgun, although they certainly have their place and I know a lot of guys who swear by them. I use my AR in tighter set-ups. It has a scope plus a 45 degree mount with a small red dot. It's not perfect, but it doesn't cost me enough yotes to justify carrying a second long gun. With the red dot for close shots I leave my scope set on 6 or 8x depending on the terrain. Not having to adjust the power for 90% of my shots is one less movement for me to make and a coyote to see. For real long shots I can dial my Huskemaw scope for elevation and turn up the power, but I seldom need to. I got the idea on that set-up from watching Geoff Nimineck's videos and seeing his rig. It's worked well for me since going to it.

Really I use the AR 90% of the time anymore and have my bolt 243 in the truck in case I get into real open terrain.

Reactions: Duh
Kifaru made the mountain rambler for a short time. Has a built in rifle scabbard. Might be worth looking at.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I just ended up pulling the trigger on the X1 euro. Not exactly thrilled about the zipper access but I’ll see how I like it. It appears I can fit my X2S or prairie blaster in either the top or bottom compartment. Maybe add some compression straps to it in case I want to strap an animal to it.

I used the gun runner for years, no it is not a big pack, but a hydration pack that can carry a gun.
Works pretty good on the bicycle carrying a rifle.

Rommel013

FNG
I have a Gunslinger with the external frame that I use for Javelina and Coyote hunts.

Very comfortable - big enough for a day + minimalist overnight hunting and study enough I can strap an animal to it (jammed into the frame elbow if I can).

I have a handful of Kifaru bags that are lighter and better meat haulers, but I love the Eberlestock gun scabbard and organization.

Burt_Niel

FNG
I did my first Mtn goat hunt with an eberlestock dragonfly 1 which seems similar. It has the plastic internal "gossamer"? insert that helps with some rigidity in the pack. It was fine for packing 40lbs up the mountain 6kms but 110lbs back down the mountain and it was really hurting my hips.

I got the Mainframe external frame and Vapor pack now for the backpacking and mountain hunting and have been wanting to use the scabbard pack for predator hunting and target shooting.

The O'Neil OPS guys use a scabbard style eberlestock for their camera equipment and rifles and they shoot a ton of dogs. Seems to work for them, and they don't seem the type to put up with crap gear!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I have a gun runner and like the pack for what it is. I bought it to use when I am putting cameras up and want to take a coyote gun or my spotting scope. I can stick the tripod with the spotting scope attached down the scabbard and put 3-4 cameras in the main pouch, with water and snacks/lunch.

Like stated, the belt and shoulder straps arent the best and it does move around on my shoulders quite a bit but it works for what I bought it for.

I dont know that I would want to strap a coyote to it but it should fit an average sized ecaller.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Ok I got the eberlestock X1 euro yesterday and took it out today. Overall I really like it so far.

I’ll start by stating, I’ve used a Kifaru stryker XL exclusively for 2 years and have come to the conclusion that I hate it for predator hunting. It’s not efficient for pulling the call out and it doesn’t have a scabbard for packing a extra gun or just throwing your rifle in the pack quick (I have the gun bearer but not really a fan of it).

So the X1 euro will comfortably fit my 22 inch tikka with a 9inch suppressor attached. There’s no hang up at all and I can pull the gun out of the scabbard if needed quick. It’ll also hold my benelli supernova with a extended tube (32 inches overall). My AR will for with the magazine inserted. I only have a small red dot on it but it might be a issue if you have a scope mounted on a AR. You could also remove the mag I guess.

My main concern was being able to fit a prairie blaster in the main pockets. The giant prairie blaster easily fits the bottom compartment and a X2S fits both compartments. Recently got the X2S so I’ll probably ditch the prairie blaster. The pack easily holds an extra puffy coat or layers and other gear without issue.

I did 10 miles with it today. I packed the suppressed tikka, X2S, water, and a over white coat without a problem. The frame isn’t as robust as a Kifaru but I’m not going to be packing 100lbs either. I noticed the pack was much quieter because I didn’t have the buckles banging off my gun or call like I did with the Kifaru.

The load lifters seem adequate for the weight I’d put in it. I don’t think it would be a issue to
Strap a coyote or bobcat to the back either. The only thing I think I’ll add to the bag is a cargo netting of some sort or a extra strap to attach my stadium seat.

Thanks for the recommendations from all and hope this helps. Sorry I should have taken some pics while out hunting but I was to busy getting my ass handed to me by non existent coyotes.

Attachments

• IMG_6821.jpeg
    IMG_6821.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6822.jpeg
    IMG_6822.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    637 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 7

Burt_Niel

FNG
Ok I got the eberlestock X1 euro yesterday and took it out today. Overall I really like it so far.

I’ll start by stating, I’ve used a Kifaru stryker XL exclusively for 2 years and have come to the conclusion that I hate it for predator hunting. It’s not efficient for pulling the call out and it doesn’t have a scabbard for packing a extra gun or just throwing your rifle in the pack quick (I have the gun bearer but not really a fan of it).

So the X1 euro will comfortably fit my 22 inch tikka with a 9inch suppressor attached. There’s no hang up at all and I can pull the gun out of the scabbard if needed quick. It’ll also hold my benelli supernova with a extended tube (32 inches overall). My AR will for with the magazine inserted. I only have a small red dot on it but it might be a issue if you have a scope mounted on a AR. You could also remove the mag I guess.

My main concern was being able to fit a prairie blaster in the main pockets. The giant prairie blaster easily fits the bottom compartment and a X2S fits both compartments. Recently got the X2S so I’ll probably ditch the prairie blaster. The pack easily holds an extra puffy coat or layers and other gear without issue.

I did 10 miles with it today. I packed the suppressed tikka, X2S, water, and a over white coat without a problem. The frame isn’t as robust as a Kifaru but I’m not going to be packing 100lbs either. I noticed the pack was much quieter because I didn’t have the buckles banging off my gun or call like I did with the Kifaru.

The load lifters seem adequate for the weight I’d put in it. I don’t think it would be a issue to
Strap a coyote or bobcat to the back either. The only thing I think I’ll add to the bag is a cargo netting of some sort or a extra strap to attach my stadium seat.

Thanks for the recommendations from all and hope this helps. Sorry I should have taken some pics while out hunting but I was to busy getting my ass handed to me by non existent coyotes.
Beauty! I like the set up!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

dogkilr

FNG
I run the Gun Runner and actually love it. I carry my rifle stock down and it doesn't move around so much inside the scabbord. I walk all day from stand to stand, and have no issues with this pack. Climb fences, jump ditches, etc. Slide my sticks down the Molle and into the water bottle pouch, and attach my butt pad on the back and hike. I hand call 99% of the time, but have carried a Foxpro X24 in the pack.
Carry spare ammo in the top pouch, and my tools for taking of ears and jaw for the bounty in Utah. Minimalist gear for spending the night on one of those unforseen problems, and some food and water. Straps are a little thinner than I would like, but I cinch the hip belt up tight and none of that bothers me. Pack all my different coyote rifles in it from a MPA chassis system to a couple heavy bull bbl. speedsters with McMillans. I also have a LoDrag that I run now and then as it's larger in pouch set up.
20230922_093206.jpg

turbo406

FNG
I was looking at the gunrunner but opted for the lo drag instead. I love my lo drag I pack my call and all my hand calls and anything else I need. The scabbard was the deal breaker on the gunrunner it's a super shallow scabbard and I run swaggers so I needed the taller scabbard. You won't regret the lodrag