Eberlestock hip belts

Bluesky

FNG
I have a new F1 mainframe. The pack fits well with bat wings and dry bag. Only thing I want to change is the hip belt (it's too small, and slides down my hips).

Eberlestock is out of the large size belt at the moment.

Looking for other belt upgrades (cross branding is fine). Or other clever upgrades/mods.

Thx in advance!

Gapmaster

WKR
I’m working on a Modification on my F1 belt now. Purchased an Exo belt and have cut down an extra Eberlestock belt to make it work. Should be done with it in a week or so. I’ll test it with some 70-90 lb loads and let you know. I’m in it for $60 so far

Have not personally tried it - but might look at a HPG prairie belt. Last year I thought I read someone here swapped that in and was happy with it.

Yes - on my mainframe I went to the large belt and still use it daily for taking a 40# bag of salt on a walk with the dog....

OP
Bluesky

Bluesky

FNG
I’m working on a Modification on my F1 belt now. Purchased an Exo belt and have cut down an extra Eberlestock belt to make it work. Should be done with it in a week or so. I’ll test it with some 70-90 lb loads and let you know. I’m in it for $60 so far

Once you're finished I'd love to see pics!

Gapmaster

WKR
Once you're finished I'd love to see pics!
The hip belt mod seems to be exactly what I wanted. I fit the belt on today with 55lbs and did 2.8 miles with 1,100’ elevation change. It performs better than I could have hoped. Much more comfortable than the Eberlestock belt and a ton easier to adjust. I did have to make some fit adjustments on my harness but this was expected. My pack rode higher on my torso than before which made the weight sit better aligned on my hips. This was a pretty easy diy project. Only outside help was the boot repair shop guy who stitched it with his machine ($10 well worth it). Pics to follow

I'm in the exact same boat... I did my first hike this weekend with an F1 mainframe with 40 lbs of salt. The belt kept slipping down and my hips are still sore.

I looked at the HPG Prairie belt but it is $110. I think that might be a bit more than I'm looking to spend.

Are there any other stock belts that can be used on Eberlestock packs?

Last edited:
OP
Bluesky

Bluesky

FNG
I found US tactical supply https://ustacticalsupply.com/

They had the Large hip belt about 50$ including shipping. The website said they were in stock... its been a few weeks since I ordered and my order is still "processing". I just emailed them to find out the order status. So far they seem to be decent at responding. Good luck....

Its frustrating how eberlestock can introduce new products every year and promote packs and gear but completely ignore the fact that they are and have been out of stock on multiple items...

CainGang

FNG
I have a new F1 mainframe. The pack fits well with bat wings and dry bag. Only thing I want to change is the hip belt (it's too small, and slides down my hips).

Eberlestock is out of the large size belt at the moment.

Looking for other belt upgrades (cross branding is fine). Or other clever upgrades/mods.

Thx in advance!
You've probably already been informed but they went live back on the site a couple of weeks ago!

Ethanw08

FNG
Not sure if anyone is still looking, but I just bought a long padded hip belt from Eberlestock a few days ago. Seems like they are back in stock. Got it for $60 including shipping.