Eberlestock Just One vs. Kifaru Nomad

Calbuck

WKR
Yeah, right. Not really apples to apples. But, I own both packs, and used both to pack out my cow in Nevada.
The good:
Eberlestock did actually carry meat well. It felt very stable with two full quarter bags in it (which I found I couldn't carry very far). It was as comfortable as could be expected with a heavy pack, although the pressure on my shoulders was evident fairly quickly.
Kifaru:
Carried the other two quarter bags with the weight squarely on my hips. Not nearly as much pressure on the shoulders, and my load was much more controlled when going side- or down hill. I found I could carry the same weight about twice as far before needing to stop and rest.
The Bad:
Eberlestock wanted to turn me around on uneven terrain. No matter how much I tightened, it didn't get better. I also found myself leaning forward to try and escape the pressure on shoulders. I'm sure the load lifters are the difference here.
Kifaru:
I found it difficult to get the pack on due to all the straps getting hung up and twisted around. I found the best way to put it on was like a turtle on its back, then roll over and stand up. The "strappy" issue may be a matter of sloppiness on my part.
Overall:
In this case, I feel you get what you pay for. Kifaru hands down got er done with no real clear issues. The Just One with not quite as much weight was very capable, although not quite as comfortable. Bottom line for me? Both packs will do the work, but one does it more comfortably. I'm happy to have both!