Eberlestock Pack Gun Rest Thoughts

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Eberlestock X2 and I was kicking around adding their pack gun rest to my pack, anyone have any personal experience with this rest? Good or bad? Meh? I thought it might fill a niche between my shooting sticks and Harris bipod. I’d use it from predators to rock chucks to big game. Thanks!40991D5E-64B0-411D-A94F-80E9569C09BE.jpeg

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I used one lashed to a tripod head to test Out whether or not I want a Hog Saddle. I enjoyed using it quite a bit, it was nice and stable, fit the forearm well and used it to zero my rifle last year. From my one day of use I would say it’s a good product even though I didn’t use it for its intended use.

OP
Elk botherer

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I used one lashed to a tripod head to test Out whether or not I want a Hog Saddle. I enjoyed using it quite a bit, it was nice and stable, fit the forearm well and used it to zero my rifle last year. From my one day of use I would say it’s a good product even though I didn’t use it for its intended use.
Thanks for the quick reply! That’s good to hear it worked on a tripod. I hadn’t even thought of that, I’ll have to give that a shot! On a side note, most advertised pictures of the pack rest I’ve seen have been attached to the back of the pack so what I was wondering is if anyone has tried attaching it to the top of the pack and using the pack vertically instead of horizontally for a rest?

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
You can use std front rest bags. Ie caldwell ECT. I cut a small steel plate and tapped it for 1/4/20 to mount on a tripod or strap it to your bag where ever needed. works decent for a field rest661120765783.jpg661120765783.jpg

Mr. W

FNG
If I was just using my pack as a rest, I don't think I would spend the money on one. I made my own pad with some bean bag foam. It is feather weight and didn't cost hardly a thing and allows the stock to create its groove.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I put one on my original pack. It never seemed to be in the right position for me. I wouldn't recommend it. I will probably use mine at the range on top of my sandbags.

OP
Elk botherer

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I might go with a diy approach and fabricate an adapter to use it with a tripod. Thanks again all. It’s nice to hear real world feedback. Happy trails.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have an Eberlestock X2 and I was kicking around adding their pack gun rest to my pack, anyone have any personal experience with this rest? Good or bad? Meh? I thought it might fill a niche between my shooting sticks and Harris bipod. I’d use it from predators to rock chucks to big game. Thanks!View attachment 185944

definitely worth it. They weigh almost nothing, and cradle the fore end of the rifle very well. I rigged mine so that I can “quick clip” it in multiple positions depending on height needed.