Eberlestock Tall vs Reglar F1 Mainframe

Does anyone in the Phoenix area have a tall Eberlestock Mainframe I can try on since there are no local stores with tall mainframes in AZ? I’ve been debating on getting a tall or regular sized mainframe. They say the tall is for 19” torsos and taller technically I’m around 5’11”-6’ have a 18” torso. I have heard or guys who are shorter wear then tall version but after measuring the harness of a shorter one it makes me think they likely can’t set up the pack properly and have to wear it lower on their hips or have the harness floating above the shoulders. Almost every review someone says get the tall one but again from calling and asking Eberlestock to give me the measurements of when the shoulder harness ladder starts on both there is a 3” difference and when I tried the regular sized one I was on the last 1-2 rungs to have it sized right for my 18” torso. Thanks for any input.

dmozer74

FNG
Did you end up buying a tall or standard? I’m in the same boat measurement wise and I can’t decide tall vs standard or if I even want this specific pack. The modularity is very interesting to me and I need a new pack for backcountry elk hunts.

OP
C
Did you end up buying a tall or standard? I’m in the same boat measurement wise and I can’t decide tall vs standard or if I even want this specific pack. The modularity is very interesting to me and I need a new pack for backcountry elk hunts.

I bought a regular and just got done using it with a little big too and a mystery ranch daypack lid to
b14428286dafa0652473988ef9393808.jpg

carry 55-68lb over 28 miles in the sawtooth mountains. Most comfortable pack I’ve used so far. When I did the measurements I realized the harness wouldn’t even go low enough for me on the tall version and it would force me to either have the hip belt too low or my shoulder harness too high. I wish they made the talk version with 4 more ladder rungs. I would like a bigger shelf space between the pack and the frame but the weight was centered well where it was at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWilliams

FNG
Bought the F1 mainframe tall, I haven’t messed with it a whole lot but am noticing the top of the frame riding a bit high, nearly to the base of my skull. I am 6-1, measured a 20” torso. Did I make a mistake buying the tall or is there an adjustment I haven’t found yet?

OP
C
Bought the F1 mainframe tall, I haven’t messed with it a whole lot but am noticing the top of the frame riding a bit high, nearly to the base of my skull. I am 6-1, measured a 20” torso. Did I make a mistake buying the tall or is there an adjustment I haven’t found yet?

Look up the Eberlestock pack fitting video and that will show the basics of setting it up. If everything is fitting and your load lifters are that high it will help cary heavy weight but you might not be able to look up as easily when climbing. Realize when you load the pack it will sink down so for it properly then load it and see where it’s at. Also recognize that the tunnel for the hip belt has enough space to allow the belt to Velcro 1/2-3/4” higher or lower. Mine is all the way to the bottom to raise my load lifting ability as high as possible on the regular frame. If you feel the frame is too high then put the belt at the top of the tunnel and that might help as well. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is stuck with a tall, and would like to trade for a regular, I have one available. Just let me know.

BTW, I’m 6,1 with a 19in torso. I feel that the tall would work better for me, or I would at least like to give it a try.

Last edited: