Eberlestock X2 or Mystery ranch treehouse

Which one would be better for treestand hunting in Iowa. Would like a durable pack to haul Coldwell weather outer layers, bow, detached quiver and other gear. Maybe both of these would be overkill so if there is a better option open to suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presto

FNG
Have you looked at Sitka fanatic pack or tool bucket? They both do what you need

OP
C
Have you looked at Sitka fanatic pack or tool bucket? They both do what you need

I had briefly looked at them but didn’t know how durable they would be with the fleece outer layer of the pack but I was eyeing them for how quiet they would be

TN2shot07

WKR
Can’t speak to the eberlestock but I bought and sold a treehouse after one season. Just like the other MR stuff I’ve used it’s well built so no quality complaints. The layout was good if you have fixed stands/blinds. If you are going to be carrying in a stand w/sticks or a blind get something with a load shelf. Strongly considering giving one of the Exo’s a run this year, haven’t decided which bag to go with yet tho.

OP
C
Can’t speak to the eberlestock but I bought and sold a treehouse after one season. Just like the other MR stuff I’ve used it’s well built so no quality complaints. The layout was good if you have fixed stands/blinds. If you are going to be carrying in a stand w/sticks or a blind get something with a load shelf. Strongly considering giving one of the Exo’s a run this year, haven’t decided which bag to go with yet tho.

Was the MR loud in your opinion?

For what I would like to use it primarily for the treehouse seems perfect. All stands that I have are fixed but I’ve been debating buying a climber or saddle to be more mobile

TN2shot07

WKR
It’s the same cordura as a normal pack, no sound issues in a stand but MR does use the heavy zippers. I never had any problems as long as you are easy zipping it. It would be great for a saddle setup. If you have a climber that you can strap the bag to and carry it that way it may work but there’s not a good way to strap the stand the the bag. (It would be hanging off the back)

OP
C
It’s the same cordura as a normal pack, no sound issues in a stand but MR does use the heavy zippers. I never had any problems as long as you are easy zipping it. It would be great for a saddle setup. If you have a climber that you can strap the bag to and carry it that way it may work but there’s not a good way to strap the stand the the bag. (It would be hanging off the back)

Oh gotcha. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate your help

I think the treehouse would fit my needs currently. I eventually want to go backpacking and hunting muleys or elk so I will eventually need a pack that has the capability to haul meat!

Last edited:

BiggA

Lil-Rokslider
I have an X2. Haven't had any concerns on noise but definitely think it may be over kill. Complaint would be almost too many pockets. My treestamd pack is a horn hunter g2

I’ve never been comfortable with a big backpack up in a tree. It seems to defy the objective of trying to blend in IMO. I have a pack for my trip in, but then when I climb the tree I just have a larger fanny pack that I use for essentials.

As far as packs, I bought a MR Pop Up 28 last year. I think it would meet most of the requirements you’ve listed. The 38 would allow for even more stuff to be brought in. Plus it has the load shelf if you have any intention of quartering and packing out a deer. Seems like either could be bulky if you intend to have it up in the tree with you, though.

I’ve never been comfortable with a big backpack up in a tree. It seems to defy the objective of trying to blend in IMO. I have a pack for my trip in, but then when I climb the tree I just have a larger fanny pack that I use for essentials.

As far as packs, I bought a MR Pop Up 28 last year. I think it would meet most of the requirements you’ve listed. The 38 would allow for even more stuff to be brought in. Plus it has the load shelf if you have any intention of quartering and packing out a deer. Seems like either could be bulky if you intend to have it up in the tree with you, though.
I know you We’re not looking for new suggestions but these two options are both good ones.

I have an EXO mountain gear K3 frame with an 1800 bag, and for the last four years I have run a pop-up 28. Both of these are so good for hauling game or my climber, or sticks for my saddle. They’re not as convenient once in the tree but are plenty sufficient to get the job done.

TN2shot07

WKR
I know you We’re not looking for new suggestions but these two options are both good ones.

I have an EXO mountain gear K3 frame with an 1800 bag, and for the last four years I have run a pop-up 28. Both of these are so good for hauling game or my climber, or sticks for my saddle. They’re not as convenient once in the tree but are plenty sufficient to get the job done.
I’m actually shopping right now and those two are at the top of the list. I’ve been leaning exo and considered stepping up to the 3200 just for a little extra room. Do you find that the 1800 has plenty of space and do you use a lid with it?

Btaylor

WKR
I’m actually shopping right now and those two are at the top of the list. I’ve been leaning exo and considered stepping up to the 3200 just for a little extra room. Do you find that the 1800 has plenty of space and do you use a lid with it?
That exo 3200 is enough pack to do a 3-4 day backpack hunt easily. It should handle anything you throw at it deer hunting, including hauling all your gear and most any deer you kill in one trip. That is unless you carry a pile of crap to the tree.

TN2shot07

WKR
That exo 3200 is enough pack to do a 3-4 day backpack hunt easily. It should handle anything you throw at it deer hunting, including hauling all your gear and most any deer you kill in one trip. That is unless you carry a pile of crap to the tree.
I was afraid it may be overkill for what I’m doing, just wasn’t sure vs the 1800

I actually have both bags for the EXO but for Whitetail hunting in the east I find the 1800 to be perfect.
I actually have both bags for the EXO but for Whitetail hunting in the east I find the 1800 to be perfect. If I need to haul Extra layers they easily attach to the outside or I can put them on the load shelf. I use this method for super cold months when I’m walking pretty far to the stand and caring extra layers.

I’ve packed out quite a few deer along with all of my gear. I know this is not the method for everyone, but now I debone most deer that I kand pack the meat out. It adds to the Hunting experience and makes things super convenient when I finally get to the truck or get back home. In the long run for me it is much quicker and efficient.

Btaylor

WKR
I was afraid it may be overkill for what I’m doing, just wasn’t sure vs the 1800
I use an 1800 pack and it will carry my gear and handle a boned out deer up to about 145# live weight in one trip. I use a Kuiu venture 1800. Would expect that EXO would handle the weight of a boned out deer even better.