Eberlestock X2

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have this pack and if so, what are your thoughts? Do you recommend using it for saddle hunting, carrying sticks, platform etc?

prm

WKR
I really like the pack. I used to have one for day hikes, but eventually sold it. Then I decided to try saddle hunting and knew it would be perfect for that. I have not hunted with it, but a few test runs and I like it. YouTube has a couple good reviews.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the pack. I used to have one for day hikes, but eventually sold it. Then I decided to try saddle hunting and knew it would be perfect for that. I have not hunted with it, but a few test runs and I like it. YouTube has a couple good reviews.
I had just watched a couple and think it’ll be perfect for saddle hunting. Optics Planet has the multicam for $198, pretty good price 🤑

JGTWI

WKR
I think it would be a great pack for what you need it for. I’m in the Midwest, and use it for my ‘big’ daypack as needed. I really like the organization and pocket layout.

There are a lot of better options If you need to pack a lot of weight, but it’s good for hauling around a day’s worth of gear.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used an X2 for the last 5/6 years as a day pack and it’s worked pretty good. There’s a couple things that I don’t like, the shoulder straps dig pretty deep with a heavy load and the load lifters don’t have enough adjustment when the pack is fully loaded. Pockets and storage are pretty good on it for the size of pack your getting. I don’t have any experience with it for saddle hunting but that style would help eliminate some of my dislikes. Overall it’s a decent pack for the money. I recently upgraded to an Exo K3, but will keep my X2 for a backup or for my kids/wife to use.
The picture is all 4 quarters, straps and loins, I ended up putting the head and cape on the pack also. It was heavy....
The pack will handle as much weight as you can strap onto it and want to carry. It’s just not very comfortable when its time to put one foot in front of the other.

Attachments

• 8246F4F5-45D9-48D0-B9C1-B45BA493A48C.jpeg
    8246F4F5-45D9-48D0-B9C1-B45BA493A48C.jpeg
    593.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Sobrbiker

WKR
I really wanted to like mine-loved the layout for a day hunting pack that can haul.
Unfortunately I didn’t know any better when I got it and learned they are not great for 17”+ torsos. Anything north of 30# sucked (for me) to carry.
I switched to a MR Cabinet and can now haul 70# as easily as I could haul 20# in the X2.
Your mileage may vary...

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the feedback guys. I hope to carry less than 20 pounds and only use it for shorter distance hunts. Pulled the trigger and gonna give it a try.