Eberlestock

hunting1

WKR
If they had a 24" frame, I would have one. I have a 19" Torso and they do not fit me like Miller. I have zero lift wearing it on top of my hips. I think they make a great product for a 1-size fits all and they are well laid out. Glad it fits you well, but for me after the 1st gen J1, 2nd, J105, and the Blue Widow I gave up.

To the original poster. I would also check out a pack company called Wilderness Pack Specialties. They are based out of Oregon. Unlike Eberlestock (made in Vietnam) WPS are made in Oregon. So they are Made in the USA. Depending on your size with the Bighorn Combo or Compact Combo would work best. They have the same bag just a different frame. The bag is waterproof. Expands to 3,000 cubic inches. Comes with both a bow and rifle scabbard, has a camel back bladder compartment. Fully adjustable torso length and has functional lifters. It's designed to carry the meat between the frame and the pack for the first trip. Then after that remove the bag and the frame has straps to strap meat to the frame on the next trip out. As far as comfort goes I have used the frame and hauled 90lbs on 5 mike trips and done numerous 12 milers with 70lbs. The frame hauls meat like a champ. The price for these packs is $300. Their website kind of sucks but if you call or email them they will send you a catalog.

http://www.wildernesspacks.com/big-horn-combo

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
To the original poster. I would also check out a pack company called Wilderness Pack Specialties. They are based out of Oregon. Unlike Eberlestock (made in Vietnam) WPS are made in Oregon. So they are Made in the USA. Depending on your size with the Bighorn Combo or Compact Combo would work best. They have the same bag just a different frame. The bag is waterproof. Expands to 3,000 cubic inches. Comes with both a bow and rifle scabbard, has a camel back bladder compartment. Fully adjustable torso length and has functional lifters. It's designed to carry the meat between the frame and the pack for the first trip. Then after that remove the bag and the frame has straps to strap meat to the frame on the next trip out. As far as comfort goes I have used the frame and hauled 90lbs on 5 mike trips and done numerous 12 milers with 70lbs. The frame hauls meat like a champ. The price for these packs is $300. Their website kind of sucks but if you call or email them they will send you a catalog.

http://www.wildernesspacks.com/big-horn-combo

Thank you. I will have to look into them.

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
LNGBOWFLYER,
I am about 5 foot 10 inches, what would be the best one for my size then?

Look into oregon pack works, horn hunter, and the others. They have functional load lifters along with the ability to carry heavy loads without sagging. They also have versatility with the ability to carry a big bag or just a small bag and a frame. They are also in the 300 dollar range.

cmeier117

WKR
Look into oregon pack works, horn hunter, and the others. They have functional load lifters along with the ability to carry heavy loads without sagging. They also have versatility with the ability to carry a big bag or just a small bag and a frame. They are also in the 300 dollar range.

Have you used the Oregon Pack Works Pack?