Ebike Rifle Scabbards

Howdy all. I'm looking to make the move to an ebike for hunting, and I'm curious about the scabbards that are on the market. I've looked at the posts about scabbards, and I've noticed that no one has talked about their rifle getting bounced around on the back of a bike. Seems to me the constant jarring of the rear tire (fat or not) would lend itself to messing with the accuracy of your scope. I'm sure that there is a few of you out there who have encountered this. Thoughts?

CorbLand

WKR
I havent seen any built specifically for ebikes but you could probably modify a Kolpin Gun Boot to fit somewhere. They make them to fit motorbikes.

Unless you are riding some serious trails, your scope shouldnt lose zero from the bouncing of a trail. If it is, you need a different scope.

I just keep mine strapped to my pack and in one of those solo hunter sleeves (depending on weather). Not the fastest but probably not a ton slower than a scabbard that protects and retains well. Was thinking about the scabbard thing this weekend though, so Im interested in what other responses you get.

OP
M
I havent seen any built specifically for ebikes but you could probably modify a Kolpin Gun Boot to fit somewhere. They make them to fit motorbikes.

Unless you are riding some serious trails, your scope shouldnt lose zero from the bouncing of a trail. If it is, you need a different scope.
Solid idea! I used to have one on my four wheeler years ago, and from what I've seen on the market, that would offer the best protection. Thanks!

OP
M
I just keep mine strapped to my pack and in one of those solo hunter sleeves (depending on weather). Not the fastest but probably not a ton slower than a scabbard that protects and retains well. Was thinking about the scabbard thing this weekend though, so Im interested in what other responses you get.
I looked at everything I could find online, and none of them look very sturdy. CorbLand suggested one of those Koplin Gun Boots, and I think there's some potential there.

Last edited:
I looked at everything I could find online, and none of them look very sturdy. CorbLand suggested one of those Koplin Gun Boots, and I think there's some potential there.
Yeah, that was all i could think of as well. Might be too bulky for my liking though.

tdot

WKR
I looked at the Kolipin too, but decided against it. There simply wasnt enough room to mount it behind my heel, to have clearance during a pedal stroke and it was too fat to have it between my body/leg/foot and the bike.

With longer chainstays, or a bigger/longer rack, it might work. But definitely test first. Also having that much weight that high off your bike can be a pain.

I settled for it on my pack, in a Kifaru gun bearer or Stone Glacier rifle sling. I dont use a kickstand, so laying the bike down, then pulling it from a scabbard felt like it would have been a pain.

I also try to max out with 15lbs in my pack on a ride. Heavy packs and bikes are a horrible combo.

bamacpl

FNG
I just bought one of these off Amazon & attached it to bike. Works great

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpeg
    IMG_8014.jpeg
    745.5 KB · Views: 50
Why strap it to your bike? I run around on a motorcycle and just carry my bow or rifle on my backpack. With it on pack and attached to YOU, much less impact from the bike will make it to your equipment. I've never had an issue.

not an ebike, but on my mountain bike i use an eberelestock pack an put the gun on my back.
I have also, just slung it diagonally on my back before.

Attachments

• bikebullbike1.jpg
    bikebullbike1.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 20

Earp

FNG
I have a Kolpin on my atv. I think it would be too big and bulky for an ebike.