Economical Insulated Boot

mdfanatic

FNG
Is there such a thing? Ideally I'd like an insulated boot, 200 - 600 gram thinsulate, decently priced. I have the Crispi Nevada and Kenetrek Extreme 400 wearing around the house right now. It just got me to thinking - I normally wear uninsulated goretex boots and these boots won't get used all that often. With that said, do I really need a $400+ pair of boots I won't wear all that often? I have pac boots, and have uninsulated - looking for something in between.

I did see that Crispi offers a "West River" 400gram boot that is new this year for around $300.

Akicita

WKR
I did R&D on two pair of Rocky Lynx (400 & 800 mids) several years ago and I was pretty impressed with them for what they are. I put them through the wringer before they cut them apart to inspect them and they held up fairly well, but more importantly they kept my feet dry and warm. I don't typically wear insulated boots unless in extreme weather but I would offer my endorsement on these boots as far as an overall good boot for under $200.

Last edited: