Ed 50mm

Anyone know where to get a 13x/40 eyepiece for this beast I've got a 13x/30, kinda want the extra magnification.
Thanks in advance.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
He sold the 13-40, dotman.

They are hard to find, and yes it is the same eyepiece as the 20-60 for the 60mm scope (25-75 on the 82mm).

Keep your eyes open, and you will find one. I found one on ebay.

OP
H
Thanks for the info guys, guess I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for a used one.$400 seems a little steep to me. Were these manufactured in japan, and if so do you think thats why they discontinued them till they could get the country back in order and running again.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info guys, guess I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for a used one.$400 seems a little steep to me. Were these manufactured in japan, and if so do you think thats why they discontinued them till they could get the country back in order and running again.

They were discontinued because they were primarily designed for the Fieldscope III series. Nikon still manufacturers the 13-30 MC eyepiece for the ED50. I speculate this is due to a cost of manufacturing reason. The Fieldscope III series has been replaced by the EDG spotters, and the only demand for the MCII eyepiece is from ED50 owners.

All of the fieldscope eyepieces were manufactured in Japan, but that is not why the MCIIs are scarce. The EDG eyepieces are also manufactured in Japan and are readily available.

OP
H
Great info Bitterroot Bulls, Guess I'll have to be on the ball to pick a13x40 up. Thanks

Rizzy

WKR
I'm pretty sure it is a Scam, there is no contact info anywhere on their site. They even seemed to invent their own secure rating called "upfront".

Rizzy

WKR
Does anyone know if that MC II eyepiece fits the Fieldscope II? I'm thinking I can upgrade my Fieldscope II by getting that MCII eyepiece.