Eddie Bauer 2.0 evertherm down hooded jacket $99

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone comment on how loud the fabric is on these? Quiet/durable enough for elk hunting?
Fabric seems quieter and softer than what I'd consider a normal 'puffy' nylon to be. However, I wouldn't risk it in the durability category. If it's cold enough you need this coat while moving around then you should probably just go ahead and throw a tough layer over it. I was shed hunting this weekend at 0 F with a 250 merino base, light grid fleece, the Evertherm and a quilted flannel over the top and could barely keep from overheating.

I just tested the EverTherm, Downlight, and my Kryptec Ghar in this “feels like” -17 weather. I was just wearing a t-shirt underneath and EB Guide Pro Fleece lined pants and was just standing still under my deck

The Evertherm Hooded Jacket was immediately cold on my shoulders and upper back. I’d say within a minute.

The Downlight (no hood) was comfortable. I started getting a bit chilled on my shoulders after about five minutes but nowhere near what I experienced with the Evertherm.

The Ghar started getting the shoulder chill that the Downlight had after about 2 minutes.

So, the clear winner here was the Downlight. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Evertherm has the best designed hood of any jacket or hoodie I’ve ever worn. Just wish it was warmer. I will be returning it and keeping the Downlight.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I just tested the EverTherm, Downlight, and my Kryptec Ghar in this “feels like” -17 weather. I was just wearing a t-shirt underneath and EB Guide Pro Fleece lined pants and was just standing still under my deck

The Evertherm Hooded Jacket was immediately cold on my shoulders and upper back. I’d say within a minute.

The Downlight (no hood) was comfortable. I started getting a bit chilled on my shoulders after about five minutes but nowhere near what I experienced with the Evertherm.

The Ghar started getting the shoulder chill that the Downlight had after about 2 minutes.

So, the clear winner here was the Downlight. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Evertherm has the best designed hood of any jacket or hoodie I’ve ever worn. Just wish it was warmer. I will be returning it and keeping the Downlight.
Good comparison. I've wondered how the downlight compared since I haven't tested it. It is a few oz heavier though, and I wonder how it compares with wind resistance.

I upgraded from the microtherm to evertherm, and also have the cirruslite parka which supposedly has 6oz of 550 fill and weighs 24oz, but it has a liner so it's very windproof. This morning with -35 windchill, -20 actual temp with a long sleeve T underneath out with the dogs the evertherm got to feeling pretty chilly within a couple min, the parka was definitely warmer. The microtherm woud've felt cold instantly at anything under 25-30 degrees. I also absolutely love the evertherm hood with a ball cap on.

Thanks for the review. I just received my Evertherm and am hoping to test it the next day or 2. I looked at the Downlight when I returned the first Evertherm I ordered (needed a tall size). The Downlight definitely felt like it would be warmer, but wasn't sure how it would pack down. I plan on layering it under a Kuiu Axis, which is why I wanted something that wasn't super puffy. Just don't know about the fit yet. I've pulled the tags, so there might be an XLTall in Avocado for sale in the classifieds!

Good comparison. I've wondered how the downlight compared since I haven't tested it. It is a few oz heavier though, and I wonder how it compares with wind resistance.

I upgraded from the microtherm to evertherm, and also have the cirruslite parka which supposedly has 6oz of 550 fill and weighs 24oz, but it has a liner so it's very windproof. This morning with -35 windchill, -20 actual temp with a long sleeve T underneath out with the dogs the evertherm got to feeling pretty chilly within a couple min, the parka was definitely warmer. The microtherm woud've felt cold instantly at anything under 25-30 degrees. I also absolutely love the evertherm hood with a ball cap on.
I am curious about the wind too...missed the windy part of the day. I have a Microtherm 2.0 as well and the wind cuts right through it.

The Downlight is 17.5 ounces and the Evertherm is 14.7. These are large tall sizes. The Ghar is 15.7 for a medium, but it fits like a medium tall. Give the relative weights, the test results make sense.

I’m definitely keeping the Downlight but have ordered a medium tall to see if it fits better.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for the comparison.

OP
bojangles808
I got both an XL and L and will return whichever fits me worse so if anyone missed out I'd sell it for what I paid plus shipping

It’s noisy but warmer than anything that’s winter-time bulky. I’d trust it into the teens. Runs large for its size.

I was super pumped about it, but unfortunately I fall into the camp of hating the fit. Tried the XL, and it was too short all around. Tried the XLT and it was crazy long for me. If anyone is looking for an XLT in avocado I'd let it go for what I paid for it ($130) plus shipping. Otherwise I will just return it to the store in town.

GZeus24

Lil-Rokslider
I was super pumped about it, but unfortunately I fall into the camp of hating the fit. Tried the XL, and it was too short all around. Tried the XLT and it was crazy long for me. If anyone is looking for an XLT in avocado I'd let it go for what I paid for it ($130) plus shipping. Otherwise I will just return it to the store in town.
I might be interested. Waiting for my XL to arrive to try. Delivery is delayed on weather.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
FYI for those who bought at 40% off the clearance price for $120 can go to the store (or maybe call customer service) and get a price adjustment to 50% off until the current promo expires. Cooperate customer service might be more reluctant to do this, but in store employee's usually take better care of their customers.

280Ackley

WKR
Got mine yesterday. It is a lot smaller and thinner then I expected. Not saying that’s a bad thing though. Wore it for 3 hours plowing in 27 degree weather and wasn’t even remotely cold. Definitely worth $100.

jrm02

FNG
Received mine yesterday. Super lightweight, but the LT is a lot looser fitting than I like; wish they had them in MT (I've had a hooded Microtherm 2.0 in MT that fits perfectly for a couple of years now, even though it's the Storm color, it's still workable to hunt with). I will likely return the Evertherm.

Last edited:

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the EB downlight jacket no hood for 83 bucks. Couldn't pass up the deal.