Eddie Bauer 2.0 evertherm down hooded jacket $99

Mine came in this weekend and I have finally had a chance to try it out in different weather. First of all, fit is great and the hood is one of the best designs I have had in a jacket. I was very skeptical when it arrived because the jacket is way lighter than I expected, but it is deceptively warm. I took it on a walk today in 60 degree weather with a t-shirt on and had to take the jacket off. If you are sitting still it will get cold, but as long as you are moving its good down to the 20's for me.

Got mine today and im trying to like it but I’m not in love with it. It’s definitely on the thin side. I have the cirrus lite that I’ve worn all winter long and love it. Has anyone had a chance to test it stationary for a long period like ice fishing or stand hunting? Im sure if I was hiking with a pack it would be fine in the 20s.

Got mine today and im trying to like it but I’m not in love with it. It’s definitely on the thin side. I have the cirrus lite that I’ve worn all winter long and love it. Has anyone had a chance to test it stationary for a long period like ice fishing or stand hunting? Im sure if I was hiking with a pack it would be fine in the 20s.
Feels to me like a lightly insulated windbreaker. It is NOT really a puffy, not in the same category as a Downlight or something similar.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
if you were hiking with a pack on with this coat you'd probably sweat to death. I was doing light hiking at 0f and 15mph winds with a base layer and light grid fleece & pack and almost got too hot.

Haven't checked it stationary yet but it's going to be my go to puffy layer for stand hunting this fall. Might get a chance to try it out turkey hunting. It's surprisingly warm for its weight.

Small review... fit is nice I’m 5’10” 170 and a large fits great. Wore it with just a t shirt today fishing. It was 31 and got to 45 with a slight breeze and I got to a point where I had to walk around. I was pretty cold in it. It is wind proof and extremely lightweight. It’s more of a mid layer I guess than an outer jacket. I’m sending mine back, definitely not the results I was thinking for a jacket with a $300 msrp. With that being said it’s a nice casual jacket to wear around town or walk the dog. If I catch one of the down light jackets on sale I’ll give one a try. Best wishes to everyone.

tdhanses

WKR
On the guide pro pants, anyone else have a problem with the thread on the pockets breaking? Pants are great and wear well, however the front pockets are no longer functional.
Take them in and get a new one, lifetime warranty.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
@bcar have you done any stand hunting / sitting in cold weather with this Evertherm yet? How well did it work? What layers were you using?

Trying to decide if this is a great piece, or all bark and no bite. Folks say you'll overheat if you're on the move, and this isn't breathable at all, so that sounds right. But I'm not sure if it has what it takes to keep you warm when sitting still, either.

if you were hiking with a pack on with this coat you'd probably sweat to death. I was doing light hiking at 0f and 15mph winds with a base layer and light grid fleece & pack and almost got too hot.

Haven't checked it stationary yet but it's going to be my go to puffy layer for stand hunting this fall. Might get a chance to try it out turkey hunting. It's surprisingly warm for its weight.

@bcar have you done any stand hunting / sitting in cold weather with this Evertherm yet? How well did it work? What layers were you using?

Trying to decide if this is a great piece, or all bark and no bite. Folks say you'll overheat if you're on the move, and this isn't breathable at all, so that sounds right. But I'm not sure if it has what it takes to keep you warm when sitting still, either.

This is not a sit still coat in my opinion unless you had very warm layers underneath. It does cut the wind very well, so that helps, however compared to a Downlight, it isn’t that warm by itself.

I do wear mine daily as my regular around town jacket, and really love the jacket. It comes with me on backpacking trips if only moderate temps are expected at night. Below 45 degrees, it is not warm enough by itself if sitting still.

They do have a new version of this jacket that was on clearance last time I checked. It is not wind proof but instead is designed to be breathable for active use.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider

I have been using it in Iowa to layer with. I get cold fairly easy, so even with merino, fleece, the evertherm and my camo midweight jacket on top I would get cold if it got much below freezing. I took it to NM in October and it did well around camp for me, but I was definitely at the lower limit with evening temps in the 30's and morning 20's. It just doesn't take up any room in a pack and blocks the wind very well. So compared to the Eddie Bauer Microtherm that weighs about the same, it is much higher performing. I also use it as my daily winter jacket.

Microtherm jacket is useless in my opinion. It does nothing better than the Downlight or Evertherm.