Eddie Bauer Fleece Lined at Costco

My wife went to Costco today and picked up two pair of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants with a fleece lining for $29.00 if anyone is interested.

I don’t know if this is in just N.J. or nationwide but if you’re interested in some hiking/ hunting solid color pants at a great price I thought I would let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
The costco pant is not the same as the ones in the EB store. I feel like the EB store pants are a true 4 way stretch and the costco is only a 2 way. I have plenty of the non lined pants from EB and the same named pants from Costco and there is a clear difference.

OP
F
The costco pant is not the same as the ones in the EB store. I feel like the EB store pants are a true 4 way stretch and the costco is only a 2 way. I have plenty of the non lined pants from EB and the same named pants from Costco and there is a clear difference.
I couldn't tell 2 from 4 way stretch. The regular guide pants that I have gotten from Eddie Bauer say 2 way. To me stretch is stretch. They move with me way better than jeans or any other hunting pants I have bought in the past and these were at a fraction of the cost.

92xj

WKR
I couldn't tell 2 from 4 way stretch. The regular guide pants that I have gotten from Eddie Bauer say 2 way. To me stretch is stretch. They move with me way better than jeans or any other hunting pants I have bought in the past and these were at a fraction of the cost.
I could be wrong/off on my stretch numbers, doesn't really matter. The pants of the same "name" from the EB store to the Costco pant is clearly a different pant in my opinion.

Picked up a pair of these this evening. They also had some of the Gerry Adventure pants that look really similar to the EB pants for 20 bucks so I got those too.

Costco is awesome.

Whisky

WKR
Guide pants are now 50% off on EB site. I've been waiting for them to drop to 50%. Just ordered 7 more pairs of regular and fleece lined. I have worn jeans once since January, when I purchased my first round of EB Guide pants.

Hoping the lined Guides will work Ok for late season rifle hunts. I feel the regular guides are too loud for archery, but they make a hell of an everyday wear pant.

OP
F
Guide pants are now 50% off on EB site. I've been waiting for them to drop to 50%. Just ordered 7 more pairs of regular and fleece lined. I have worn jeans once since January, when I purchased my first round of EB Guide pants.

Hoping the lined Guides will work Ok for late season rifle hunts. I feel the regular guides are too loud for archery, but they make a hell of an everyday wear pant.
I have killed several whitetails wearing the EB Guide Pants since discovering them while researching what I needed for my first elk hunt 2 years ago. They have become my go to pants both at home and work except when I have to wear a suit for a meeting. Two weeks ago I wore them in the Khaki color to work and had a meeting scheduled for that night with a client who is more casual so no suit. He had to cancel so I went hunting wearing my EB pants and just a brown EB T shirt I wear for backpack cardio. I killed my earn a buck doe about 10 minutes after I climbed in my tree and had deer within 30 yards while I only had my second ladder on the tree. I was able to climb down and get a 3rd ladder and my stand and hang it. That's IMO pretty darn quiet.

You can read about that hunt here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/got-my-new-terraframe-50-bloody.188954/#post-1834444

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I could be wrong/off on my stretch numbers, doesn't really matter. The pants of the same "name" from the EB store to the Costco pant is clearly a different pant in my opinion.
This is correct. Same with Walmart “Levis” jeans etc. Levi actually opened up a separate manufacturing facility to be able to meet the price and demand from Walmart. Guess what. Not the same jeans at all. Costco does the same thing with their clothing.

RCL

WKR
Been using the EB guide pants in both regular and fleece lined for several years now.
Can't go wrong at 50% off.
Mine have been washed often and have held up well.

OP
F
This is correct. Same with Walmart “Levis” jeans etc. Levi actually opened up a separate manufacturing facility to be able to meet the price and demand from Walmart. Guess what. Not the same jeans at all. Costco does the same thing with their clothing.
Maybe but the only thing I can see that's different is the label says tech pants instead of guide and they don't have the logo on the leg. Materials, fit and cut all look and feel the same as what I have bought directly from EB. Regardless for $30 I can get multiple pairs of these from Costco for the price of one from EB and many times that compared to Sitka and Kuiu.

Last edited:

bob1sh

FNG
Looks like the actual Guide Pro Pants on EB’s site are 50% off right now, still $40 but that’s still a good price as well

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I think there are clear differences between the two based off the pair I got from Costco(tech pants) today and the ones directly from EB(first ascent). Ascent has 2 side hip pockets while the Costco has 1 but more like a front thigh pocket. First ascent has extra stitching around the knees and double stitching at the cuff hem. First ascent lining seems thicker/warmer(in the house) but Costco ones seem like they have more stretch around the knees(maybe due to less stitching). Costco front pockets are half mesh and logos are different.

506508d52865909fc25f8a1774278c61.jpg

f4431c3bca7801097bb02df9de6ff87d.jpg

f6e3e1f28d332722d8588f19e27aff72.jpg

1ef7defbb6dfee477d9a8fed2a3dd920.jpg

815c27d7a84963e367db64650a219d0d.jpg

6a434d23270ac94c2cf99bc73fd75adc.jpg

OP
F
I think there are clear differences between the two based off the pair I got from Costco(tech pants) today and the ones directly from EB(first ascent). Ascent has 2 side hip pockets while the Costco has 1 but more like a front thigh pocket. First ascent has extra stitching around the knees and double stitching at the cuff hem. First ascent lining seems thicker/warmer(in the house) but Costco ones seem like they have more stretch around the knees(maybe due to less stitching). Costco front pockets are half mesh and logos are different.

506508d52865909fc25f8a1774278c61.jpg

f4431c3bca7801097bb02df9de6ff87d.jpg

f6e3e1f28d332722d8588f19e27aff72.jpg

1ef7defbb6dfee477d9a8fed2a3dd920.jpg

815c27d7a84963e367db64650a219d0d.jpg

6a434d23270ac94c2cf99bc73fd75adc.jpg

The tech pants are like the Guide Chino with fleece lining except the thigh pocket wraps around front instead of back. How are the two cloths and build quality compared to each other?

Idahoguy

FNG
I wear similar pants for hiking etc... I would love to try them for everyday use but as an electrician I worry that I will wear then out quickly. Anyone use and abuse these pants?

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
The tech pants are like the Guide Chino with fleece lining except the thigh pocket wraps around front instead of back. How are the two cloths and build quality compared to each other?
I’m not sure what you’re asking....I thought people were trying to see if there were differences between the Costco version and the EB you purchase online. The only ones I see on EB’s site with lining that look similar are the guide pro first ascent(which I have in the pictures) so that’s what I compared them to. Just trying to clear the confusion in case members think they’re buying the same thing from Costco for a lot cheaper than what they see on the EB website.
That said, $30 is a no brainer but I think I’ve only hunted in them once because they’re too warm for active hunting. However, I use them a lot while plowing the driveway and sledding with the kids.

OP
F
I got to try mine today in a treestand with 25 mile an hour winds and a temperature of 38 in N.J. I was surprisingly comfortable. This is now going to be a staple in my hunting gear. Especially a great deal for only $29!