EDDIE Bauer guide pants

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I prefer my kuiu attacks for hunting over the eddie baurer presuming its not too hot out, they're a bit thicker, more wind resistant, have hip vents.

That said I basically live in EB guide series bottoms all year, they fit me well and are damn comfortable. I wear the chino's at work. At home I have the reguler pro guide pants, the lined pro guide for cold (so comfy), and even some shorts. I rarely have anything else on. Obviously all bought on sale.

First rifle is such a crapshoot in weather regardless at that altitude. I usually pack some EB pants and a soft shell pant too. If it’s dry and cold, I run Sitka heavyweight bases with loose merino mids and then the EB. If there’s snow I like something thicker. It’ll be the best weather of your life, or it will be a slog.

GSPMich

FNG
I think that rather than buying a pair of the fleece lined I’m going to stick with the regular pair then take a lighter and heavier base layer.
I will also have a heavier pair of regular hunting pants with me if the need arises.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
If you take it back to the store, I bet the replace it. They probably won’t warranty it if you tear on a thorn bush, but if stitching comes out, they have a reputation of standing behind products.

They'll warranty basically anything. I wear the canvas mountain pant for construction, and after I wear holes through the knees, heels or where ever they'll give you a new pair or a $20 credit if it's a discontinued item. I've heard stories of guys ripping huge holes in the guide pro's and walking out of the store with brand new pairs.

I've found EB pants to be much more durable to brush tears/pulls than Kuiu attacks. I basically won't even wear my attacks shed hunting any more b/c I'm too scared to trash a $140 pair of pants. The attacks are quieter, breath better, more water resistant and dry way faster though.

I still have my pair since they were only like 50 bucks but they're extremely loud and the pocket configuration sucks for hunting IMO. Too small and not enough of them. Also, the stitching can tend to fail on them from pair to pair so keep an eye out.

Carr5vols

WKR
Being a tall guy I've always bought EB products and bought a pair of these on sale a year ago. I really like them as an active, affordable pant.

My question kind of mirrors the OP, I'm going to Colorado this fall for first season rifle. We are hunting near Durango at I believe about 9000 feet. Its private land and we are supported by quads, side by sides and pickups so not a horseback hunt or wilderness hunt. Will these pants be enough with a base layer or would I be better off buying either the FL Corrugate or the similar Kuiu pant? This is the only western/mountain hunt I have in mind for the foreseeable future.
I have hunted in that area 2 of the last 3 years in October and wore the EBs with no issues. I usually take a pair of merino base bottoms in case it gets real cold. For me that is about 30 glassing and about 20 hiking. With the base layer I am good down much lower but I run hot. We do backcountry hunts in that area in the wemi. Funny thing brought the wife shopping today and bought 3 more paur of them they are 50% off right now. Good luck in that area.

rkramer

FNG
Just saw this post so sorry if you have already decided but I have two pairs I’ve had for over a year and they are still flawless. Very comfortable but not as tough as material as the big names. However, for getting them for like 30 bucks during one of their many sales, definitely worth it.

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Great info, I’ll have to try a pair out. My go to cheap pants for spring, summer, early fall has been the Wrangler Comfort Flex Cargo.

Ive worn the Wranglers from the office to hunts/ hikes all over over North America and even to South Africa. I can get them for sub $20 usually. The EBs could be the next step up.

Broomd

WKR
I'm a tall guy, dig my EB guide pants, I have about 20 pair I wear daily around the ranch.

Not all at the same time......grin.
Next to Prana Zions, they are the best.