Eddie Bauer Pro Guide - Colors

So for starters I’m a die hard FL corrugate guide pants fan...I absolutely love them.

However, I recently purchased a pair of the EB Pro Guide pants and hot damn these pants are relatively 90% comparable to the FL corrugate guides in comfort, fit, material (4 way nylon stretch/cross stitching) and appeal.

Coupled with discounts these pants can be purchased ~$40 which is much more affordable then the Corrugates.

Lastly, there’s a great range of colors to choose from vs. the FL Ash Grey, Conifer, and DE. The pair I have is Dark Smoke and I’d like to add a few more pairs to my hunting line-up.

The colors on the EB website look vibrant so it’s hard to tell. Anybody else have the slate green, saddle, hazelnut, and storm colors? If so can you post a few pictures please? TIA.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I have the green, hazelnut, saddle, khaki, and grey. None of them are too vibrant and the hazelnut, saddle, and green as well as grey would be perfect for hunting depending on your surrounding. I just took some of them out of the wash but once their dry ill send a pic. I have given up on jeans and only wear these pants (I get the 5 pocket version) as they look nice and are amazingly comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These pants rock. I only have 1 pair but will be getting more. I wear them around town and hunting. Very comfy.

These are the saddles, they are a shade darker than came out in the picture.. it’s darker than a khaki and are very natural light brown color that would work for most hunts.

38474141-CDA7-4711-87B9-F424D1223AE0.jpeg

First let me say that I am an EB fanboy. I hunt exclusively in Guide Pros or the Horizon Guide pants and for a puffy I either carry a MicroTherm, CirrusLite jacket or CirrusLite vest depending on the weather. All three together were cheaper than the Kuiu Super Down Pro I really wanted.

I can tell you, rule out the storm. I have them and have never worn them because the color looks like I am working security or something. I like the slate green, I like the saddle (I am wearing them right now), I don't have the hazlenut but I'm willing to give them a shot but my go to is the dark smoke. They also have camo now. I just ordered them on Friday.

The one thing to watch on them is the rear pocket. I've had at least 3 pair come unsewn.

I have the green, hazelnut, fossil and dark smoke. Like was said above, I don’t think any of those are too vibrant. They have definitely become my go to pants for hunting and “town”. Great pants for the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b-Rant

FNG
How’s the fit, accurate sizing to waist and length? Generally a 32 waist, 34 length usually.

I have a bunch of them. Greens, browns, greys. Nice pants. Comfortable. They fit very true to size.
They do NOT last very long. Pocket stitching starts falling out pretty quickly. They get very prone to pilling, and little sticks snag them pretty easily. Overall, decent enough if you buy them right.

I have the green, hazelnut, saddle, khaki, and grey. None of them are too vibrant and the hazelnut, saddle, and green as well as grey would be perfect for hunting depending on your surrounding. I just took some of them out of the wash but once their dry ill send a pic. I have given up on jeans and only wear these pants (I get the 5 pocket version) as they look nice and are amazingly comfortable.

I agree 100%. Since discovering the EB pants I almost never wear jeans they are just so much more comfortable. They have also worked great for hiking and hunting at a fraction of the hunting specific brands pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Grey, green, hazelnut, and saddle
8fc7ddb07f0d839538d288403d0cf101.jpg

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Where do you guys find these pants for close to $40 with discounts? Do they fit true to size?
Also how is the fit thru the thighs? It looks like they are fairly snug thru the thighs which would be a problem for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Where do you guys find these pants for close to $40 with discounts? Do they fit true to size?
Also how is the fit thru the thighs? It looks like they are fairly snug thru the thighs which would be a problem for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Just wait for sales which happen all the time. All my EB stuff is at least 50% off. Sign up for their email list and they'll send you $10 coupons every now and then. The guide pro run a little tighter in the thighs which is why I prefer the horizon guide and 5 pocket. I don't need the cargo pockets and prefer the fit.

OP
Tips n Tails
I have a bunch of them. Greens, browns, greys. Nice pants. Comfortable. They fit very true to size.
They do NOT last very long. Pocket stitching starts falling out pretty quickly. They get very prone to pilling, and little sticks snag them pretty easily. Overall, decent enough if you buy them right.
@full choke Have you had any pants rip from beating brush?

OP
Tips n Tails
Grey, green, hazelnut, and saddle
8fc7ddb07f0d839538d288403d0cf101.jpg

@Deli I appreciate the pictures! I’m not 100% on the hazelnut color however, the green, grey, and saddle looks decent enough. Thank you sir!

@full choke Have you had any pants rip from beating brush?

I have not had them rip from direct brush beating. But have had holes punctured which quickly expand. They are nice pants, but you have to remember that they are not overly or purposely built like Sitka Timberlines or something similar. They are just lightweight comfortable pants that can be used outdoors.

j33

WKR
Slate Green absolutely blends right in, perfect hunting colour id highly recommend getting a pair of that colour. My Ash ones didn’t blend in as good.

They aren’t very durable but then again I only paid $32 and $50 CAD for mine. Make sure once you see some stitching come apart bring them into a store and exchange for new one as per their warranty. If there is a rip they will not cover any stitchings so be sure to go in before.

These are the work pant version in slate green. Nothing but praise. I am just shy of 5'11" and in the photo #224. These fit good though if I was 215# they certainly would feel better (I was born with a low center of gravity so thigh fit has always been a challenge). They were 38w 32l.
9d6078f32f7dda43a3f533f4a1a5e7c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
ebc927b4e0390dc0a0da1e3f8e88d057.jpg

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
EB just released these in Camo, they also have a multi-buy deal going on. The promo code is PANTSDEAL - it did throw an error for me and I had to work through customer service to get it applied.