Eddier Bauer Guide Pro WORK Pants

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
These look interesting. Hopefully, they are considerably stronger than the Guide Pro Pants as I have just returned two pairs under warranty with less than 9 months of wear. Both pairs are falling apart at the seams after light use.

bonepoint

FNG
I have a pair of the Guide Pro, Guide Pro Work, and Kuiu Attack pants for comparison.

The Guide Work pants are good for the price, but still won't be as durable as the Kuiu, especially in brush. If using for hiking or hunting more open stuff, they are great - and quite a bit cheaper. Breathable and more of a warm weather pant. I wish they would upgrade the button fly to a snap fly. Hate when buttons rip off at bad times.

slvrslngr

WKR
How many belt loops do the GP Work pants have? 5 like the regular GP's? I'd really like EB to put 2 more belt loops on the GP's, it's my only real gripe with their pants.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I like both pairs of pants but if you want a pair solely for busting brush I would go with the sawbucks. Both fit similar but the sawbucks have a thicker material that stands up to brush better. EB's also have cargo pockets which I wish the sawbucks had.

When it's warmer out I have been going with the EB and colder hunts I switch over to FL

EB second layer doesn't do all the way down to your boots, great for wearing with rubber boots tho
The kicker is when you tear up a pair of EB's, even just snags and stuff, you take them in and they replace them for freeeee.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
The kicker is when you tear up a pair of EB's, even just snags and stuff, you take them in and they replace them for freeeee.
Didn't know they they did that. Do you take them into the store and do that?

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
Just make sure to keep the original receipt. They just denied my full refund for not having the original paperwork even though they were purchased directly from Eddie Bauer online with obvious order history. I received 50% of the value on an EB gift card. I'm thinking I will try the work pant and see if better.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the guide pro work pants all the time for wet weather outdoor work. When you feel them in your hands and on your legs they don't really feel heavy duty, but mine have many days of wood cutting and fall and winter trail building work on them with no signs of wearing out. They fit just like the standard guide pro pants with the same pocket layout. I recommend them for sure, but if you are going to be disappointed if you are looking for something really heavy duty to give you protection while busting through thorny brush.

Just purchased a set of the Guide Pro Pants after reading all of the raving reviews. I'll report back if they do not live up to the hype.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't know they they did that. Do you take them into the store and do that?
Yes take them to a store
Just make sure to keep the original receipt. They just denied my full refund for not having the original paperwork even though they were purchased directly from Eddie Bauer online with obvious order history. I received 50% of the value on an EB gift card. I'm thinking I will try the work pant and see if better.
Some stores are better than others, and some employee's are better than others. At my local store we've never had to have original paper work. I think one of the ways they skirt around a replacement is they will only replace the item if it's still currently offered. So they're always updating to new items, or changing the name slightly and then they'll only give you some store credit.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These look interesting. Hopefully, they are considerably stronger than the Guide Pro Pants as I have just returned two pairs under warranty with less than 9 months of wear. Both pairs are falling apart at the seams after light use.

Weird. I have probably a dozen pairs of "guide" bottoms (chinos, guide pro, guide pro lined, convertible, shorts) its literally almost the only thing I wear anymore, haven't had any yet fall apart with some over 5yrs on them. A worn stitch here/there of the double stitching but that's about it.

Now my stepdad whom I turned onto them has had some fall apart but in discussing it there are a few differences in how our home and theirs does laundry. Two notable differences are we don't use fabric softener and I don't iron them. If you read the care instructions I suspect one or both of those my mom was doing likely caused the issue: "Machine wash cold, delicate, with like colors. Do not bleach. Do not use fabric softeners. Tumble dry low. Remove promptly. Cool iron as desired." I think she stopped ironing them and I haven't heard issues again but haven't specifically asked.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
Weird. I have probably a dozen pairs of "guide" bottoms (chinos, guide pro, guide pro lined, convertible, shorts) its literally almost the only thing I wear anymore, haven't had any yet fall apart with some over 5yrs on them. A worn stitch here/there of the double stitching but that's about it.

Now my stepdad whom I turned onto them has had some fall apart but in discussing it there are a few differences in how our home and theirs does laundry. Two notable differences are we don't use fabric softener and I don't iron them. If you read the care instructions I suspect one or both of those my mom was doing likely caused the issue: "Machine wash cold, delicate, with like colors. Do not bleach. Do not use fabric softeners. Tumble dry low. Remove promptly. Cool iron as desired." I think she stopped ironing them and I haven't heard issues again but haven't specifically asked.
None of my other pants have deteriorated like the EB Guides. I don't use fabric softener or iron them. Woolite and tumble dry on low is all. I just picked up the Wrangler Outdoor Comfort Flex Cargo Pants. They are a fraction of the price at $20+/- and seem to be a good alternative. Very similar pants but with a flex waist. Great for concealed carry.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
None of my other pants have deteriorated like the EB Guides. I don't use fabric softener or iron them. Woolite and tumble dry on low is all. I just picked up the Wrangler Outdoor Comfort Flex Cargo Pants. They are a fraction of the price at $20+/- and seem to be a good alternative. Very similar pants but with a flex waist. Great for concealed carry.
I have some of those for my boys. Also saw a decent version at costco one day (not the union bay ones, I never liked the waist on those) with no hip pockets that I grabbed for garage/yard work where I don't care about staining them, or working in the driveway with lots of abrasion, etc. I find myself missing the hip pockets though when out though. The EB ones are a premium (never pay full price...) but they fit me best of them all that I have tried (and that includes the prana) and considering I've gotten years on them it suits me fine. Not sure if they have batch issues or what that creates the durability variation.

sfire436

FNG
I have gone through the gambit with Kuiu Attacks and most First Lite pieces. I have 6 pairs of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants. Three different styles and I wore the regular Guide pants (Not work) almost exclusively while on a 10 day horse back hunt in Northern BC. I love them and they held up in the buck brush just fine. I find they wash well as well. My favorite are indeed the work guide pants and they are now my number ones for the past seasons. The only negative I have found is that the work pants stitching on the front pockets starts to go pretty quick. Any seamstress can fix that for dollars.

For price to performance ratio I have yet to wear anything as good. There's better stuff but the compounded price to performance ratio of those higher end pieces might not be worth it for most hunters, myself included.

j33

WKR
I have gone through the gambit with Kuiu Attacks and most First Lite pieces. I have 6 pairs of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants. Three different styles and I wore the regular Guide pants (Not work) almost exclusively while on a 10 day horse back hunt in Northern BC. I love them and they held up in the buck brush just fine. I find they wash well as well. My favorite are indeed the work guide pants and they are now my number ones for the past seasons. The only negative I have found is that the work pants stitching on the front pockets starts to go pretty quick. Any seamstress can fix that for dollars.

For price to performance ratio I have yet to wear anything as good. There's better stuff but the compounded price to performance ratio of those higher end pieces might not be worth it for most hunters, myself included.

I literally went into Eddie Bauer store today and exchanged pants today with some loose stitching. They exchanged for what they had in stock just be sure you do it before your pants show wear & tear or rips as they won’t warranty it then.
I was considering buying some Kuiu Kutana but I think I’ll hold out. I find the fit of these guide pants work perfectly for me, sometimes I wish I had side vents but can live without for now.

Nitsua

FNG
I have a few pairs of guide pros. I’d recommend outdoor research over Eddie Bauer for durability.

Any updates on these pants? I sold my Sitka Timberlines this year to try out either the Kuiu Axis or the new FL Foundry. I know these aren't waterproof or as technical as the others but they seem like a decent value compared too. Are the worth $75 or am I better off waiting for a sale?

j33

WKR
Any updates on these pants? I sold my Sitka Timberlines this year to try out either the Kuiu Axis or the new FL Foundry. I know these aren't waterproof or as technical as the others but they seem like a decent value compared too. Are the worth $75 or am I better off waiting for a sale?

I don’t think these guide pants compare to either of those, would be more comparable to original corrugated or Kuiu Kutana

Even the axis isn’t comparable to the corrugate foundry. Eddie Bauer are early-mid season.

Rokwiia

WKR
The Pro Guide Work pants looks good but I wonder whether they're worth the cost compared to the price of a Wrangler Flex pant. I've worn the Wranglers for years and at $20, I can nearly buy 4 of them compared to the $74 price tag I see when I search vendors.

Is it worth that large a difference in price?

The Pro Guide Work pants looks good but I wonder whether they're worth the cost compared to the price of a Wrangler Flex pant. I've worn the Wranglers for years and at $20, I can nearly buy 4 of them compared to the $74 price tag I see when I search vendors.

Is it worth that large a difference in price?
If you like the wranglers stay w them.
They did not prove super durable to me. And they are just a little to emo skinny pants for me.