Eders.com short rant / PSA

I wanted to share an experience to other hunters buying gear from eders.com. This isn’t an end of the world situation but it did put a bad taste in my mouth and frankly I don’t think eders.com is clearly outlining the details of the goods they are selling.

Long story short I purchased 2 kryptek items from the eders site. One item was defective and the other didn’t fit. I emailed eders about the defective item they basically said it wasn’t their problem and I should email kryptek so I did. I emailed kryptek and they said that website is selling factory seconds so they don’t warranty.

I am not knocking kryptek because after a few more emails kryptek replaced the item so kudos to kryptek for being a real stand up company!

The second item I received was too small so I asked to exchange for a larger size at eders.com. They said they don’t do exchanges after the third email to them they said I can return and purchase another. I did this based on their instructions and received the new item quickly. The item I sent back received no refund. After a week I emailed asking about refund and received a response they were behind. An additional week and a half later I emailed again to follow up and they said they would refund the item. At that point I did receive a refund minus 20 percent of the total charge including the shipping I paid for.

I don’t feel totally cheated but I am not happy and don’t want to see others in the same boat. Be aware that you might be buying factory seconds or defective items from eders.com and if you have a size issue you will Pay for shipping both ways plus 20% of the order cost if you need to change size. This is just a public service announcement, I won’t buy from them again no matter what, but if you do, beware of what could happen.

I've had good and bad deals with Eders. Mostly good. I did order a archery case from them and decided to cancel almost immediately. I received confirmation that my order was canceled and I would receive a refund..... fast forward a few days and I received the case in the mail. Emailed eders about it....no reply

OP
A
Glad to hear other experiences, I’m not totally trying to bash them but it was definitely hidden in the fine print if thy are selling factory seconds and frankly 20% charge because I wanted to exchange for size even after I paid shipping both ways, I may be wrong but that seems like a big charge.

Had similar experiences. I had to return something that was too big and given it's price point with shipping I lost close to $100 on that one item. Also got jerked around on a refund myself.

They'll not get anymore of my money.

Ebby

WKR
Yeah. Had similar bad CS experience with them and they stopped getting my money about 10 yrs ago. I forgot they even existed.

Maverick1

WKR
Thanks for posting this thread. I haven’t purchased from them in the past, and certainly won’t in the future based on the experiences I’m reading about above. I want nothing to do with a company that turns things into a hassle or has poor customer service. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.