EE or El Coyote Quilt

ajonke

FNG
Howdy I am a very tall guy and I think a quilt might be a better fit for my sleep system. I will be archery hunting in Colorado the month of September.

I would like to know if you prefer the EE or El Coyote quilt? And why?

Additional I thought of a 10 degree but that’s based off my experience with sleeping bags.

Rob5589

WKR
I have only used my El Coyote quilt but am very impressed. I have the 20* tall/extra wide and have been plenty warm into the 20's on a 5R pad with just a t shirt and pants. The attachment system works well and I've had no issues with drafts. I gave a quilt a try after disliking the bags I tried and am glad I did. Mine is a standard model but I have read that the owner is very responsive and will make just about anything you want size wise.

BBob

WKR
Never owned an EE so no comment there. Happy with my EC and since they are AZ local I went with them.

To add I went for a 30°. For many years I used a Big Agnes Horse Thief which is a 35° bag but very similar to a quilt as it has no bottom insulation. I used it in AZ down south year round in all but the coldest winters. The EC 30° is warmer than the BA so I can stretch temps a bit more. Last year Sept CO was I’d say fairly average/moderate and the 30° was definitely warmer than I needed even up to 9.5K ft.

And yeah Brian was really good at promptly answering questions.

Last edited:

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
El Coyote… hands down!!!

Give Brian a call/email. He’ll take your measurements and make you a custom sized quilt for your size!

Love my XX-wide x Long quilt!

OP
A

ajonke

FNG
El Coyote… hands down!!!

Give Brian a call/email. He’ll take your measurements and make you a custom sized quilt for your size!

Love my XX-wide x Long quilt!
I will. I didn’t see a phone number but I will email him.

What makes it better than others?

BDRam16

WKR
Just throwing another name out there…very happy with my Hammock Gear quilt.

I prefer El Coyote as well. I only have one EC quilt, but I've owned several from EE (still have one of them). I like the material that my EC has on the inside, and I like the extra fill. All that said, I would also recommend taking a look at Gryphon Gear, 80% overfilled with 900 fill, water resistant down, and differential construction which is a BIG benefit if your thinking about a colder weather quilt.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I will. I didn’t see a phone number but I will email him.

What makes it better than others?
When I was interested in converting to a quilt, I emailed FF, EE, El Coyote and I asked all of them if if would work for me due to my size(6’1, 325#). Brian w/El Coyote was the only one to respond to my inquiry and walked me through the process of a custom quilt. He did a quote for custom quilt sized to me and it was on my doorstep within 10 days of him receiving payment!

Couldn’t be happier!

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
When I was interested in converting to a quilt, I emailed FF, EE, El Coyote and I asked all of them if if would work for me due to my size(6’1, 325#). Brian w/El Coyote was the only one to respond to my inquiry and walked me through the process of a custom quilt. He did a quote for custom quilt sized to me and it was on my doorstep within 10 days of him receiving payment!

Couldn’t be happier!
Endorse 1000%

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know anything about the EE quilts--but I have no reason to. My el coyote has been amazing. Top notch quality, super warm--the right size. The owner, Brian, helped me pick all the specs that would suit me (6'7" 260lbs, side sleeper, etc). You won't be disappointed with EC. Great customer service and a team that truly gives a shit about their customers.

Seth

WKR
I have an EC 40 that I’ve taken to the upper thirties in a t-shirt and an R5 pad. Very comfortable material and solid craftsmanship. I even use it in my camper as its so versatile. I have not tried EE, but dont think I will need to.