EE Quilt material?

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Getting ready to order an Enigma and was wondering if there are any benefits to getting 20d for the outer shell, or stick with the 10d? I'll be running it in a Borah Bivy and a Tyvek ground sheet so I'm not worried about ripping it.

I have a couple made out of the 10d and also use them inside a UL Borah bivy, no ground sheet, for going on 5 years now without any problems or signs of wear. Sorry, I didn’t really answer your question, but that’s been my experience thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Getting ready to order an Enigma and was wondering if there are any benefits to getting 20d for the outer shell, or stick with the 10d? I'll be running it in a Borah Bivy and a Tyvek ground sheet so I'm not worried about ripping it.
Isn't it only 20d strips, while the rest is still made of 10d?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been using a 10d quilt from EE for going on 3 years with no wear. I wouldn't get the 20d strips on top and bottom unless you will be using it a lot as a blanket outside your shelter.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a bivy but got the 20d outer shell because I'll also use it glassing or sitting around camp. Still looks new after 2 seasons.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Ronb

WKR
If you are just using it in your tent, get it with the new 7D!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk