EE Quilt with treated 850 down worth $100 more than the Hammock Gear?

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
As the title says, is the EE Quilt with treated 850 down worth $100 more than the Hammock Gear with 800 down? Hammock gear says its down is "water resistant". Anyone know if it is treated?

Thanks

1signguy

WKR
I don't own any EE gear but my HG quilts (0 & 20 degree) and tarps have been awesome. Very high end quality. I am sure the EE quilts are great too- hard to believe they could be 25-30% better as an extra $100.00 would indicate. Never had an issue with moisture getting to my quilts so maybe that is the difference.

I have two HG's and feel the quality is great. Bought the 2nd one for my daughter as i liked mine and thoght it wasnt worth an extra $100 for EE. I assume the down is treated as advertised.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Hammock gear stuff. I would not pay $100 more for a EE quilt. That said after getting my Hammock gear Econo quilts I would be hard pressed for spend more for their higher end stuff. Truly impressed by these new offerings from Hammock gear. That said if I was doing a thruhike of the AP trail. I might spring for a higher down fill just for the packability.

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I own HG and EE quilts. I use the HG underquilts and mytop quilts are EE. I prefer the verticals baffle construction and it is my preferred top quit of the 2 brands. I have 3 of each brand.