EE Revelation loft

I just bought a used 30 degree Revelation, with 2 oz of 800 overfill, stored hanging in a closet. What kind of loft would you expect if it was your bag?

Not sure what to expect in your situation but I bought a used (new) EE Rev quilt and was surprised when I opened the box. It arrived in its smaller stuff sack and felt pretty flat and wimpy for a 20* w/3oz extra fill. After spreading it out and leaving it alone for a couple of hours it seemed like it doubled in size. Not sure there's an exact amount of loft to expect or see but down needs to a little time to fluff after it's been compressed. Pretty sure my post didn't help at all but wanted to share my first time quilt ownership experience. Bill

(Obviously contact EE first, but...) If you have a dryer with a steam cycle I've heard, and had my own successes, that if you throw the item in there on lower heat setting but with steam and a few tennis balls that it will knock loose the down from hanging on to itself and you'll get better loft.

trk3263

WKR
Each time you remove it from compression and even each night before you use it it is recommended to give it a good shake. Mine is a 20 degree and doesn't seem real thick but it feels like a cloud on top of me and has kept me warm so far. I normally don't shake mine each night unless there is a lot of moisture where I am camping.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a 10° and it takes a minute to gain full loft after being compressed but afterwards its 3-4 inches thick I'd say and very warm though I've not tested its rating yet.

I have a 0, 10 & 20 degree Rev and am always amazed how warm I am in em given their look.