• Self employed and shut down right now

• You do not know anyone with COVID-19

• You know someone who has COVID-19

• You know someone who has died from COVID-19

• You know someone who has recovered from COVID-19

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rich M

WKR
I was talking to my dad last night and laying out a string of thoughts about not knowing anyone with C-9 and he says, your BIL has it. Called BIL and sure enough he's got it.

This guy is categorically right on for it - age, physical condition, etc. He says a little diff in breathing, sore ribs and can't sleep. He had every symptom except for a fever. He also has no idea where he got it cause he's been home for a couple of weeks. Musta been exposed before work stopped.

OP
H
Yeah, with all the unknowns, I wonder if I did not have it a couple weeks ago. Had most of the symptoms, but no fever. My whole family was sick, which is how I got sick. The only thing is, the symptoms of COVID are pretty much the exact same as a cold, allergies, flu. Without testing, most will never know.

commercial construction. all jobs are shut down unless they are a hospital. Luckily for me Im one of the top foreman at the company so Im staying busy at a local hospital job. Unfortunately for a couple hundred other employees at our company, they are at the mercy of unemployment. I don't think anyone has gotten their money yet and its been like a month.

This is a good visual to calm everyones nerves,,virus isnt too crazy yet. I feel for the people laid off and in a pinch

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My hours are unchanged but I am forced to work from home. Do I check the first box or the “forced to stay home with pay” box?

MattB

WKR
I learned this weekend a guy I played hockey with who moved to NY to chase women got it. From his new girlfriend, who is a medical worker.

Also learned that my second cousin and her husband got it (SoCal). My cousin's husband spends 2 hours/day in the gym and is in great shape. Although they had none of the pneumo symptoms, their dog ran up a flight of stairs and he lacked the energy to go up after it and had to had to ask his wife to do it.

In the last month I have had conjunctivitis 3 times, 1 eye at a time with no symptoms between each time. Now I am reading it is a sign of C19. But still working from home.

Floorguy

WKR
I work EMS, work hours are unchanged, ppe has. We have transported patients that have it and I have seen some of the people that have wound up dying from it.

rob86jeep

WKR
The numbers certainly don't support the doom and gloom being preached here.
It's not really about doom and gloom though. It's about our current medical facilities/employees not being equipped to treat the amount of patients that are/could be seeking medical attention during this time. Even if nobody you know has been admitted to the ER, it doesn't mean the ER is oversaturated with patients.

It's not really about doom and gloom though. It's about our current medical facilities/employees not being equipped to treat the amount of patients that are/could be seeking medical attention during this time. Even if nobody you know has been admitted to the ER, it doesn't mean the ER is oversaturated with patients.

I understand what you are saying, but all this continues to be based on “what might happen” pretty much everywhere other than the few hot zones we have in the US. As for the ER’s around here, they are empty. They are actually cutting hours for a lot of medical staff in surrounding hospitals because there simply isnt anyone coming in. Just today the Chaplin at the hospital said only 3 people came into the ER during the 12 hours he was there. You can only tell people that the storm is coming for so long when it doesn’t actually show up. I hate that places like New York are getting hit harder than most, but you can’t keep choking out the rest of the country over it. Quarantine that whole state and let the rest of the country go back to work.

I am a hunting guide and our entire spring season has been cancelled. Just like that, 1/3 of my yearly income kaput.

I can tell you this. ERs are not overesaturated with patients in my state. Hospitals in my area are down 60%. Including the big trauma centers in large cities.

One trauma center has closed ENTIRE FLOORS of their hospital due to lack of admissions.

My hospital just cancelled all overtime. And they are starting to furlough workers, including nurses.

OP
H
I am a hunting guide and our entire spring season has been cancelled. Just like that, 1/3 of my yearly income kaput.
That really sucks man. I hope you get thru this. Guides are going to be hit hard by this virus. Some states are taking drastic measures.