Egg heads

netman

WKR
For a minute I was scared. I have 11 hens that produce 9-10 eggs per day. I have 2-3 eggs for breakfast daily. Most of the time I poach them but eating two scrambled right now readying this thread. I did have a heart attack over a year ago and my cardiologist said it was caused by over exertion and dehydration. My blood work has always shown great numbers. Who knows whats good for you anymore???

EastMT

WKR
Now, daily aspirin is bad for you.

Now that everyone takes one daily haha. There was a study over 30 some odd years in UK/US of daily, weekly, occasional, never vitamin users. Something like 100k participants. In 30 years, there was no reduction in mortality for the vitamin users, in fact it leaned the other way.

Got get something good to eat, enjoy life while you got it. Everyone will die of stress worrying about the next thing to kill them.

I had a doc tell me I need tested because I snore. I told her it killed both my grandparents. She said, no kidding, how old? I said 94 and 92, apnea got them both. My other grandparents are over 90, snore like trains. Eat eggs bacon and anything fried daily, especially that poison Midwest fish haha. They are aging, but still going.

This is making me hungry for a BLT/Egg sammich now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLAK

WKR
My feelings are that the aspirins are working too well.
Killing business so to speak.
There are reasons people become cynical BTW.

wesfromky

WKR
That is a fact about the cholesterol. You can still eat eggs just cut back on the yolks.

Dietary cholesterol does not equal blood levels. Most research says processed carbs raise your blood cholesterol.

Check out some stuff by Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson, etc for some more up to date, and less click bait info.

CX5Ranch

WKR
I believe anything I can grow or raise on my land is infinitely better for you than anything at McDonald's. Not counting big macs. I love big macs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The problem itself is what else are you eating with after them eggs. Thats where i was going with it. I know they have many benefits, but if you are eating 3 whole eggs with bacon and then a hamburger for lunch and steak for dinner, you'll have problems. Sorry for not putting enough info out there the first time.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Eat free range organic eggs everyday. There should be zero concern with eating eggs as part of a healthy and balanced diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dietary cholesterol does not equal blood levels. Most research says processed carbs raise your blood cholesterol.

Check out some stuff by Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Robb Wolf, Mark Sisson, etc for some more up to date, and less click bait info.

^^^ This

Shraggs

WKR
Just read a report about the consumption of eggs leading to cardiovascular disease and early death,stating that 3 eggs a WEEK can be too much. On a regular week I may consume 3 eggs a DAY! How many people out there agree with this statement and if so........what the heck am i going to eat for breakfast from now on?

If it is not a Randomized, Controlled Cliniical trail and published with peer or board review —— it is not worth anything or believable. It’s agenda or hypothesis driven, with a goal to modify something for or against.

John

ChrisS

WKR
If it is not a Randomized, Controlled Cliniical trail and published with peer or board review —— it is not worth anything or believable. It’s agenda or hypothesis driven, with a goal to modify something for or against.

John
That and don't take "a new study reports ..." as some monolithic law carved in stone and agreed to by everyone. Media companies are interested in selling papers (and now clicks) and there are plenty of cranks out there who like to try be flashy with their studies that kinda maybe show something interesting. These kinds of things are usually misinterpreted and then never heard from again.

Study: Some mice grew tumors in organ X when exposed to chemical compound Y.
News Website: If you eat food containing chemical compound Y you might get cancer!

Eggs will be BAD for you until some yahoo in a white lab coat gets a Government grant to prove that the eggs are GOOD for you. I'm not going to stop eating eggs anytime soon.

S.Clancy

WKR
This is why people hate statistics, because you can really get them to say a lot of different things.
As far as nutrition research goes, it's basically impossible to get good research. You can't control what people eat, they report what they eat. How accurate is that, not very. Further, with health, there is endless confounding variables. Current statical practices can begin to account for this, but still not enough. Finally, there are likely some confounding out there we don't even know about.
Diet is quite individual, if you have good energy, aren't fat, and exercise you'll be fine.

For a minute I was scared. I have 11 hens that produce 9-10 eggs per day. I have 2-3 eggs for breakfast daily. Most of the time I poach them but eating two scrambled right now readying this thread. I did have a heart attack over a year ago and my cardiologist said it was caused by over exertion and dehydration. My blood work has always shown great numbers. Who knows whats good for you anymore???

CNN would report you ar an egg-stealing poacher with no heart.

As a individual that has completed a doctorate I can attest that data can be "adjusted" to fit any response you are looking to achieve. Live your life, God has your day already determined.

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
I figure I am going to die of something and I do not plan on giving up some food groups. I like good food. Meat, eggs, butter, milk etc are staying on the menu. I simply try to moderate what I eat with portion control and variety. Some days I eat eggs for breakfast others I have grits, oatmeal, waffles etc., This morning I made an egg white omelette with mushrooms. My biggest recent health concession is that I have given up soda (pop or soft drink, depending on where you are from). It doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities and I really didn't like it that much anyway. I replaced it with water and skim milk. I am more concerned about increasing my training and loosing weight before elk season than I am about living longer but they would seem to be mutually aligned.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider

I will second this suggestion. Its worth exploring. Give it an hour when youre killing time someplace on your phone. Dr Patrick I know can be found on podcasts. Much of what I thought was good dietary advice that I had learned all through school and college has changed. I always thought butter was bad, cereal is great breakfast, eat lots of fruit, watch the eggs, dont eat bacon!, pasta is great, fries are terrible but baked potatoes are great.

If you are police or fire or some military I strongly encourage you to look into some of the heart health info or clinics that are geared specifically for first responders. I dont know if I should name drop any here but I can message anybody who asks. They have them in most every state, you can get bloodwork done for price of co-pay. This is not like going to your physician for a physical where he tells you “well your cholesterol looks good but think about losing 20lbs”. In short your outward appearance doesnt necessarily mean your heart is healthy. It explains how a firefighter or drill instructor or cop who looks to be strong, great shape, you assume is way healthier than you can drop dead from heart attack. In short much of it is fueled by your diet and its not the eggs or pork chops its sugars, fruits, carbs, starches.

jjchad

WKR
Add bacon or sausage, that will counter any of the negative effects that the eggs will have. At least it works for me. :LOL:

I wonder why the same guy who says “I don’t like statistical information from recognized sources because I eat cheeseburgers every day and I feel fine” is also the same guy who hikes 6 miles into the middle of nowhere because his third cousin says he saw a ‘nice buck’ up there 3 years ago.