Ejection Angle- Low Scopes- Defiance Deviant Actions

Wanting to build on a Defiance Deviant UL action with a low mounted scope with large windage turrets. Has anyone does something similar? Any ejection issues? The scope ill be using is a nightforce 4-16x42 atacr. Any input appreciated!

I’m building the same. Thinking of going with the crf option though. Have the manner eh8+ in hand and inletted for a proof sendero light. Will wear an nxs 2x10-42. What will your rifle be chambered in? I’m going .308.

No worries at all. Here's a pic of a Deviant Hunter w/20moa tac-length rail + NF 42mm bell and Seekins .82" rings. Considering the UL has the same rail height, a pic base leaves plenty of room around the e-port. Hope this helps!

To Wrangler13: Be aware of the limited length of the 2.5-10's tube. The UL base might not give you enough slot range to get the eye box where it needs to be. Might be worth asking Defiance to sell you a UL with a full length pic rail?

IMG_6977.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Cactus kid
I too was looking at the CRF option. Im going back and fourth between the 6.5 PRC or the .308 . I know two totally different rounds but both rounds shoot very well out of a short barrel.

OP
Cactus kid
No worries at all. Here's a pic of a Deviant Hunter w/20moa tac-length rail + NF 42mm bell and Seekins .82" rings. Considering the UL has the same rail height, a pic base leaves plenty of room around the e-port. Hope this helps!

To Wrangler13: Be aware of the limited length of the 2.5-10's tube. The UL base might not give you enough slot range to get the eye box where it needs to be. Might be worth asking Defiance to sell you a UL with a full length pic rail?

View attachment 166099
Thanks for the post!

If going with a SA be sure to consider a target port, which cuts the ejection port .418" longer (rearward) than a spec 700 SA. Make sure you guys let your stock makers know of all the Defiance subtleties.

Also prep to have the receiver and bolt treated with salt nitride.

Feel free to ask more questions.

OP
Cactus kid
If going with a SA be sure to consider a target port, which cuts the ejection port .418" longer (rearward) than a spec 700 SA. Make sure you guys let your stock makers know of all the Defiance subtleties.

Also prep to have the receiver and bolt treated with salt nitride.

Feel free to ask more questions.
Will defiance salt nitrite or is that something I need to send off?
Good tip on the target port! I was thinking about doing an xm action. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so many options

I won't be any help on the fancier stuff. One low-grade Defiance was high-end enough for me.

Also not trying to push you into salt bath nitriding. Just encouraging you to look into it... while I doubt that a custom action maker would offer or endorse SBN.