Elbow pain using handheld release

Rob5589

WKR
After going back and forth I have decided to go all in with a handheld. So far, so good for the most part. However I am experiencing some slight pain in the drawing elbow. Nothing severe, kind of similar to tennis elbow, which I have in the opposite elbow. My self diagnosis says that I may be pronating my hand too far and/or gripping the release too tightly???

I am using a 4 finger but dropping off my pinkie which I find more comfortable.

Anyone have experience with the same issue? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
Thanks. I do use a band which helps. Probably wasn't 100% clear in my OP; was looking more for a potential cause.

Stop and see a PT before it gets chronic and you req surgery like me.

its tension related. A PT will fix you up

——

Was yours from compound?

I get it from my stick bows. I just back off from shooting them as much when it develops. It's something that will come about from prolonged shooting sessions several times a week, after a few weeks generally. I was thinking tendonitis.

mscott87

FNG
Was yours from compound?

I get it from my stick bows. I just back off from shooting them as much when it develops. It's something that will come about from prolonged shooting sessions several times a week, after a few weeks generally. I was thinking tendonitis.
Agreed. I was having the same problem off and on. I just cut back on how much I shot for a short time and the problem seemed to resolve itself.

H80Hunter

WKR
I had a same issue with a 4 finger handheld when I switched. I think you engage more forearm muscles with a handheld release. I now shoot with a 2 or 3 finger release and the pain is gone. Seemed better without the pinkie involved but I also may have gotten better as I grew accustomed to the handheld release.