Election time and hunting out of state

There's more in California than LA and SF. There's places in SC I wouldn't leave my family, but then again, that's why I chose to live elsewhere.

Same with me in New Orleans. Fortunately my Wife makes the Chama Elk trip with me, and the 2 kids don't live in New Orleans. I used to live in Ft. Baker (San Fran) in the late 60's, 66 to 68. Glad my Dad retired from the Army, and we returned to New Orleans in 1968 which was a little different than it is now.

TBHasler

WKR
With all of the unknowns in the world lately (COVID, Riots, Govt Mandates) and looking forward to the November Elections, is anyone else nervous to make concrete plans to go hunting away from home around the early November time frame? I have a tag starting Nov. 7th, about 12 hours away from my house, and I cant help but continue to be nervous to leave the wife and 2 kids at home alone that time of year. Maybe worth mentioning I am coming from (somewhat rural) but still Southern California... The way things are going, its hard to be optimistic about the outcome in Nov and I am foreseeing much more unrest. What are your guys' thoughts?

Get her some range time, go vote, then go hunt

Laramie

WKR
Your plan to be able to cancel at the last minute is a good one. By the 5th or 6th, you should have a very good idea what kind of situation you are leaving them in and what you are travelling into regarding Covid and mandates. Imo, if Biden wins, you won't have much to worry about riot wise (see past Obama elections). I do think there may be some unrest in major cities if Trump wins.

I also recommend getting her some range time without mentioning that hunt and being gone- just improve her confidence. Knowing she will put up a good fight if she has too should give you a little piece of mind. I know it does for me and my wife.

Rich M

WKR
I think alot of you guys are missing the entire point. Dude is worried about the safety of his family after the election. It's a valid concern with the bs that's being allowed to happen right now.
I wish I had a good answer for you man. I know that the safety and security of my family is number 1. No hunt is more important. If your concerned its probably for good reason. I dont know the temperament of your area. I do know how big city Cali gets though and no way would I leave them.
If trump wins it'll get bad, likely real bad with riots and shit.
The riot stuff pisses me off.

As for taking care of your family. Can't do it if you ain't there.

MattB

WKR
How badly was your home damaged in the recent riots? That would probably be the thing that would most directly guide my actions.