Electric bike or Fat tire bike ?

Has anyone used an electric bike or fat tire bike to take to and from a stand for deer hunting? Thinking this might be a better approach than using the Kawasaki mule.

Any recommendations, pros/cons?

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a M2S this year. It’s a fat tire ebike. I used it on a farm I have leased for years. I used to either walk or ride my ATV to my stands. This year I killed my two biggest bucks. Not saying it was the ebike but deer on small parcels of land (700 acres in this case) know as soon as a gas motor has started up. I ride the ebike all the way to my stand and hide it behind my tree or ground blind. No human scent on the ground on the way in. Play the wind right and your golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Just a comment;
I used to ride my bike up a pretty significant mountain here where I live...now, in my 60's...its a bit too much...though I still ride about 1/2 of it.

I was hiking at the top of that mountain last weekend and 3 guys in their 70's come rolling up. I was a bit shocked as its a rough haul...until I realized they were getting pedal assist from their E bikes. We had an interesting discussion...the E bike has extended where they can go on their bikes....no longer limited to shorter runs on easier ground.....

I see one in my future.

I just built a pretty nice fat bike. I m going to run it as is. I did build it with an ebike conversion in mind if I needed to do so. I have always used a bike of some sort for fishing and hunting.

Just make sure you get a bike that will handle a couple diffrent size wheel sets is my only advice.

zuren

FNG
I've been considering a fat bike, or electric fat bike as well.

For years, I hunted with friends at one of their family farms here in MI. We did not have money for ATVs/UTVs, so we would drive the truck halfway through the field, park, then walk the rest of the way to the blinds. Always saw and shot something.

Then, ATVs started getting introduced to the process. I did not love the idea, but was voted down. ATVs were being driven right up to the blinds, in woods that never saw a machine or person all winter, spring, or summer. Suddenly we were seeing no deer. Everyone started complaining about how there was no deer, what a waste of time/money, etc. Sadly, that hunting tradition fell apart.

I think it was the ATVs and noise and disruption they cause. I think something electric like a e-fatbike or electric UTV would be a much better choice.

Check out Sondors Bikes:

There are also electric kits from Luna if you are handy. There is a another brand called UBCO that is 2-wheel drive if your wallet is deep enough:

OP
Texasbuckeye
I ended up getting a barely used fat bike at a great price locally. Website I actually read about via the search engine on here, pinkbike. It has lots of used bikes on there, an kind of bike plus some e-bikes.
I will give this bike a whirl and maybe down the road upgrade with an electric kit, but for now will use it to help get in shape for my elk hunt this season.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
Rambo 750 with a Bakcou deer cart. Was kind of hesitant about pulling the trigger on this setup as I wasn't too sure how much/where I would use it. Well I've used it almost everywhere I hunted this year. One of the best tools I've added to my hunting gear in many years. 20191225_144033.jpg

Beendare

WKR
I see an E bike in my future.

I was doing a long hike up 3,600' to a local Mtn with a buddy and near the top 3 70-ish yr old guys come pedaling up behind us. I was thinking wow....what are those guys doing as you would have to be pretty hard core Mtn biker up here.

Then I see they are all on E bikes. A quick chat and essentially they said that the E bike has extended their range into areas they just couldn't do without them.

_____

I bought a fatbike a few years back to access a closed road area for a spring grizz hunt. I rode in with my backpack and camped out. Had a blast! Its a bunch of work but its certainly good for you. The fat tires work great off road. I got a norco sasquatch with front suspension. Still ride it quite a bit to supplement my hiking while training

This was my first year using my M2S R750 this year in MO. It was a game changer. So quick in and out of the stand. No scent trail and deer did not seem to mind. It makes a 20min walk 2-3 min depending on how fast you want to ride.

Elite

WKR
I am currently in the same dilemma. There
Is a 500watt E-bike for hunting that is currently on sale today. I am wondering if it is worth buying the e-bike for double the price of a normal fat tire bike?

I am also wondering how hard the e-bike
Is to pedal if you loose battery power? They seem heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk