Electric Chainsaws - Pole Saws

TBarron

WKR
I’ve had the cheap Ryobi one for 4 years now and it’s actually been fantastic. I’ve used it all over my ranch and it’s never skipped a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just pulled the trigger on a Jackhawk 9000 chainsaw from Makita. I will cut some fire wood when it gets here and report back

TravisIN

WKR
This probably isn’t big enough but for hanging stands I think it’d be awesome to have.

7c5be17f03b95eea942ee08fd980d00f.jpg

Just went yesterday to help some friends clear lanes for several stands on their property. They had a Harbor Freight electric pole saw that just refused to die. I typically only buy H F stuff that is either disposable or non-critical. I have quite a bit of it but none that I would bet my life on. Friends loved their saw though. Bought it figuring it’d croak after a couple seasons but still chugging after several. Not advocating for it. Just throwing it out as an option in case it might fit ones needs.

Rokbar

WKR
I have a greenworx (think thats how you spell it) off amazon. Im sure the bigger name saws are even better, but it had good reviews so i gave it a try.
Bottom line, it rips. It has a 16" bar and for a truck/atv, or around the house saw it punches way above its weight.
Just had a friend over and i needed to cut an old 14" fir. Hes from a logging family so of course the eye rolls and jokes are flying. 5 secs later its a shocked face and "lemme see that thing".
Cleared 4.5 miles of old logging road on one charge last year. It looked better than i did at the end. I will say it leaks bar oil like a sieve though.
Best of luck on your choice, seems like current battery technology is killing it.
I'm going to try one of these out. I'm always trimming trails to stands out and want something lighter weight than a still 180 saw. Pretty good reviews. Figured I'd grab at least one extra battery to carry along.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're getting a Milwaukee chainsaw for our first out mini-pumper at the fire station. I can't personally vouch for it yet as I haven't used it yet, but our fire chief has talked to a bunch of other departments that love them. Keep in mind though that while firefighters are hard on stuff, chainsaws aren't typically used really often in our area.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

eoperator

WKR
I had a gas saw in back of my truck with tonneau cover it spewed gas all over gear in back last year. Bought a stihl battery saw this year, it is not a joke like I was expecting.

Trooper

FNG
I run a bunch of Ego electric equipment. Super happy. Two batteries will run indefinitely (one charging one being used), but the operator is rarely up for more than two charges anyway.

wilhary

FNG
An incredible apparatus to have when hanging tree stands. The battery life is very, awesome as it the force this little saw has. I have likewise utilized it around home with extraordinary outcomes. It will cut a 6-inch oak appendage down with no issue, simply get it set up and let it take care of its job. On using electric chainsaws there are certain safety measures to be taken. I had a huge collection of it and vast experience in maintaining it.