Electric Clothing?

Anyone using any electrically heated clothing? I've been thinking about it for a while now but I've yet to see anything that I'm very impressed with.

The tech is definitely there though so I'm toying around with the idea of making my own with a dedicated lithium ion battery pack and carbon fiber heating elements.

Anyone else trying this?

Vandy321

WKR
Electric socks for winter fly fishing...just hope your waders don't leak.

22lr

WKR
I've been tempted a few times. But im too scared to try it when I'm hunting out of a backpack. When I move back to the lower 48 I'll probably try some of the options. A heated vest would be nice in a tree stand.

OMB

WKR
I've got friends that work at Tool so I have one of the M12 jackets, I don't know that I'd ever wear it hunting. Maybe the vest is better but I'd rather throw a down vest or jacket on as part of my layering for cold tree stand sits.

The milwaukee vests and sweatshirts are great for layering with. You have different heat settings and the basic m12 battery will get you 4 hours or so. They do make an adapter that you can run an M18 on too which lasts forever. Not something you want to hike around with but for treestand hunting its perfect. One thing to remember is to keep the heated gear close to your body and insulate over top. Makes them much more effective.

willtim

WKR
Years ago my wife gave me a Cabelas electric vest. I thought what a gimmick. Oh boy was I wrong. Mid morning on a frosty day sitting in the deer stand, turn that baby on and it's heaven.

OP
C
I always thought about heated socks but never found anything worth trying.
Same here, I'm at the point where I'm considering making my own standalone system that can go under clothing since I'm not willing to give up my merino base layers and liner socks. They are just too good at wicking and staying stank free to go to a synthetic sub par base layer or sock. And a heated midlayer will make you wet and muggy around here from the damp air

BLEE

FNG
The electric clothing I've used always made me sweat. It was either off, or HOT. I'm in NW Louisiana, so I rarely hunt less than freezing temps.

tried a heated vest last year. for stationary or stand hunting below freezing its a game changer. the chemical hand warmers dont come close. ive found using a vest heats my core good enough that i dont need toe warmers. i run my battery on high and carry an extra.get about 5-6 hours. got the vest and extra batteries at a good discount around the holidays. https://www.arrislife.com/collectio...ing-panels-size-adjustable-for-hiking-cycling

mbucks27

FNG
Pnuma vest works great for me. I have two batteries and on medium I get about 8 hours which is a full day for me. Really helps to take the chill out.

OP
C
Pnuma vest works great for me. I have two batteries and on medium I get about 8 hours which is a full day for me. Really helps to take the chill out.
Do you wear it as your true base layer? How fast does it get stinky compared to merino? How's its wicking?

mbucks27

FNG
I really only wear it when its brutally cold and yes i wear it as my true baselayer so i can feel the warth better. Its not too bad to wick moisture but def not as good as merino (Nothing is) ,