Electric Fat Bikes

I have access to endless private property in AZ and am contemplating this one if I can figure out a custom rack that's brilliant to take the weight off my back. It's more an e-motocross bike than others and far more robust while still silent. Can take any hill you throw at it and goes 40mph if ordered w/o the regulator...otherwise it's 25mph max. https://lunacycle.com/luna-sur-ron-dirt-mx-ebike/

Sur_Ron-8__44179.1513042993.jpg

Access to endless private property in Arizona huh? Can I be your friend ;)
I've admired these from Luna for a while.

I have an m2s R750. Pretty good but wish I had a lot more power to get through muddy terrain. If it’s dry or on pavement then it’s a blast!

Phaseolus

WKR
The Specialized Turbo Levo is probably at the top of the hill. The price is top of Everest though.

Phaseolus

WKR
Yep, I got to ride one for an hour last week. Awesome bike, not in my budget though. I still use a leg powered Santa Cruz 5010.

sno_gimp

FNG
I have a m2s all terrain. Used it for several years hunting and fly fishing. Works great. I've hauld in ground blinds and treestands with ease. I'll check trail cameras in a fraction amount of time. I pulled out numerous elk and deer quarters.
60b63ae04733f035a40b578a30f49054.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mutto

FNG
I have a m2s all terrain. Used it for several years hunting and fly fishing. Works great. I've hauld in ground blinds and treestands with ease. I'll check trail cameras in a fraction amount of time. I pulled out numerous elk and deer quarters.
60b63ae04733f035a40b578a30f49054.jpg

Amazing. Does your state have a size limit on elec motor before they consider it a motorized vehicle. Here in MI it has a threshold on motor size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno_gimp

FNG
Here in Idaho it is 1000 Watts or above is considered motorized.

Mfllood said he was in a motorized area.
I may be wrong but someone told me electric bikes are a no no on non motorized trails here in Idaho? not sure but quite a few hunters were using them last year on hike/mountain bike only trails.
On all National Forest lands in every state, eBikes (electric assist bikes) are only allowed on motorized routes. Federal travel planning and travel management laws outlined in the CFR list eBikes as motorized vehicles since they can move unassisted by human or animal power. Hiking, horseback, and mechanized bicycle (pedal bike with no motor present) routes are not open for use by eBikes. It's pretty simple to keep track off really, just treat the eBike as if it were a motorcycle and ride only where motorcycles can go and you will be good to go!

I have been present for many ticket issuances (violation notice) for this type of use on National Forest lands. I cannot speak to state lands though, but I do know that here in Montana fwp wildlife management areas are also a no-go for eBikes.

Hope this helps and good luck this season!

Hyde79

FNG
I have the Rogue Ridge RM 750. Great bike, tough, durable, good battery life. It is a heavy sucker though...

Dessick

FNG
I heard a guy on a podcast that was the owner of Backcou e bikes I think. He’s a mt hunter himself so he knows what is needed in a hunting application. Seemed legit.

Seen a guy on the ice yesterday with one hooked up with a trailer. He was zipping around with ease.

ridgefire

WKR
I bought a Rad Rover and it has been a ton of fun so far. It works awesome for cruising clear cut to clear cut in the hills of western Washington. I still get the same exercise but cover way more ground and it's alot funner than my normal mountain bike.

Jaquomo

WKR
We have a Rambo R750, a Rad Rover, and two Bakcou Mules. Advantages and disadvantages to all three models. You cant go wrong with a Rambo or Bakcou. BLM has defined many hike-bike trails where Class 2 ebikes are allowed. USFS will come along after finishing their pilot programs, but as the Regional Trail Supervisor told me (who is in favor of allowing Class 1 and 2 bikes on NF trails), "The wheels turn slowly in D.C."

Where I live many of the ATV trails are seldom used and not maintained. On my ebike I can ride around deadfall, along side the deep eroded gullies, and even lift it over fallen trees. Amazing tools, great for fitness training too, with 0 or 1 level assist. PM me if you want more info. I also write a ebike hunting blog on Ebike Generation website