Electric powder dispenser issues

tdhanses

WKR
Well my Lyman Gen6 started acting up after two years, so far their customer service has been good helping to see if I could correct the issues. Powder was able to work its way into the body where the electronics and scale are and now it is finicky on the touch screen and will not weigh anything correctly. Next step will be to send it in and see what they say, don’t think it still has warranty so this will be interesting.

Just a good heads up to always double check charge weights and not trust an electronic device fully.

Anyone else had any electronic dispenser issues, any brand? If it’s done I may change to the RCBS charge lite.

cmahoney

WKR
Yep, I have the first one Hornady came out with. After it’s on for a while the displayed weight will increase with the powder just sitting in it. It never spits out an accurate amount of powder and the weight will change by just lifting up the tray and replacing it. I now check all my charges with another scale.

I use anti static spray now and that helps with the displayed weight creeping higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wyo
OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Well I have to say I’m impressed with Lyman, less then a week turnaround and no charge for repair or return shipping with a detailed update of what they did. Super easy process.