Electric smoker recommendations

I’ve used my dads electric smoker and really like how the meat turns out. I’m. It a big fan of his though, it’s the one that resembles a charcoal snapper but it is electric. The top comes off. I want a stand up one that has a front door. What brand and model would you guys recommend. Trying to stay at or below 200 dollars. Thanks for your help.

I have had a Bradley for a number of years and love it. It is a 4 rack model. It uses the wood pucks that you can preload, set the temp and leave it alone. I’ve done a wide range of things with it and for sure recommend.

I've been using a 30" Masterbuilt electric smoker (model MES 230G) for a few months now. I've smoked pork ribs, beef tri-tips, chicken breasts, and salmon fillets thus far with good results in all cases.

It has 4 removable racks that measure about 14.5" wide by 12" deep. The 800W element seems to have plenty of heating capability. I like the glass window in the door (some people don't), but it does require cleaning after every cook or it will get coated with smoke residue to the point of being completely opaque. The hardwired thermometer probe allows me to continuously monitor internal meat temperature without having to open the door. I know some guys who have had issues with their Masterbuilt heating elements shorting out (presumably due to moisture corroding the electrical connections), but I've not had any trouble yet.

Here's a good overview I stumbled upon comparing Masterbuilt's electric models: https://www.bbqdryrubs.com/masterbuilt-electric-smokers-differences

Walmart sells a stainless model of masterbuilt that is the cheapest I have found. The only difference I can tell is in the cosmetics. Doesn’t have the badge plate. The name is printed on the smoker. Works great.

There was another recent thread on this. I have a masterbuilt with a coldsmoke kit and it works great. The coldsmoke kit is essentially the same as the mailbox mod but off the shelf.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have had a Bradley for a number of years and love it. It is a 4 rack model. It uses the wood pucks that you can preload, set the temp and leave it alone. I’ve done a wide range of things with it and for sure recommend.

same here, prreload the pucks, set the temp and it loads the pucks on its own, u can go mow the yard or cut firewood or other manly man things while your meat smokes

I’ve used my dads electric smoker and really like how the meat turns out. I’m. It a big fan of his though, it’s the one that resembles a charcoal snapper but it is electric. The top comes off. I want a stand up one that has a front door. What brand and model would you guys recommend. Trying to stay at or below 200 dollars. Thanks for your help.

Last time i am looking for a best and multiple featured electric smoker. And after some efforts I bought a Masterbuilt digital electric smoker. This is a best electric smoker who have multiple features. So i highly recommended you this one..This is very cheap...

Easy choice. Smokin-It. 100% stainless. Made in USA. Starts at $350, delivered!

Any size you need. All user replaceable components. Long 12' power cord. Wheels with locks. Stainless catch pan. 3 shelves minimum included.
1530128019144.jpg

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
Easy choice. Smokin-It. 100% stainless. Made in USA. Starts at $350, delivered!

Any size you need. All user replaceable components. Long 12' power cord. Wheels with locks. Stainless catch pan. 3 shelves minimum included.
View attachment 198023
Same brand I have. Three people who seen it in action bought the same model. Mine is 7 years old and works perfect. 8 ounces of wood chunks will smoke for 5 hours. Super insulated and easy to maintain any temperature I want.

Masterbuilt Smoker "Stainless" = $350 = 100% made in China = cold rolled carbon steel with stainless interior and some plasric, carbon steel racks, carbon steel drip catcher.

Smokin-It Smoker "Stainless" = $430 (up $100 in 2 years) = 100% made in USA = 100% stainless steel, including 3 stainless racks, stainless smoke box, and polished stainless catch pan.

The stainless steel alone would sell it for me, but made in USA and their reputation is what actually sold me. It's $70 more, but I would pay $300 more for the features in a heartbeat.

I've had a 36" masterbuilt for 15 years. Not fancy but sure gets the job done. The best thing about it is I have the optional external smoke box (I don't think made anymore) that let's you pretty much cold smoke if you want to. Really nice for fish and cheese!