Electric standing meat saw

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to purchase a saw. Any recommendations at $800 or below? Will be used for whitetails and beef. Thanks

I use a hand saw and debone the rest. But a bandsaw would be nice! I did a quick search and a more commercial grade is $1300. But I wonder if a large beef quarter would make it between the blades guides

OP
P

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
The beef wouldn’t be whole quarters, just cutting loins into equal steaks. For whitetail though, I like the way you can make steaks from the hind quarter using all the muscle groups and get bone as well.

There really isn’t a need to have a bandsaw to cut beef loins. Just debone them and cut as boneless ribeyes and New York strips. Cutting the New York strips will also give you more filet. On the whitetail you can pull the sirloin tip off separate and debone the top and bottom round but leave them together and then slice for a big round steak. Cut the bone with a sawzall if you want the bone marrow.

A used bandsaw for under $800 can be found. It will be a smaller one but perfect for what you are wanting to do.

Can you use a regular band saw with a stainless blade For meat?

I use a saws all with a stainless blade now.

I wouldn’t use a regular bandsaw. A meat bandsaw uses wider blades and different teeth than a wood saw. Also, the meat saws have a rolling table top to help slice the meat and a guard used to set the thickness. Guard is also used to push the cut of meat against while using the table top to move the meat through the blade.