Electronic callers

I know this has been asked before but products and success rates change constantly. I have an older FoxPro Scorpion and looking to upgrade. My biggest problem with mine is I cannot read the red backlight remote. The font size of the screen is so small and my aging eyes have difficulty reading this with out a lot of movement.
I understand FoxPro has a new remote with larger screen and different backlighting.
The Fox Bang is something I would really like on my next caller.
What E-caller would be recommended from your field experience?
I'm in Payson AZ and most of my calling will be central AZ.
Coyotes, Bobcats, Lions and foxes will be my prey.

Bob

Dirtbag

WKR
I've spent thousands on e-callers over the years. In regards to the remote, you'll like the TX-1000 remote way more than what you have on the scorpion, they are well lit and not that hazy red backlight with tiny font. The TX remotes are more like reading a computer or smartphone. These remotes are typically found on the higher end models. Foxbang sounds cool in theory but hasn't worked well for me. Sometimes it doesn't go off, other times it goes off if you clank your remote on something. The lucky duck e-callers are good as well but their remotes aren't as nice in my opinion.

e-callers are great tools and I wouldn't be without one, but all have failed me at some point or another. Just the nature of electronics in harsh conditions. Always carry hand calls as well.

I run a lucky duck revolt and I have a buddy that uses a FoxPro x24. Both are great calls but I must say his remote is quite a bit better than mine. It’s also more expensive. If the remote is your primary concern I’d say one of the newer Foxpros would suit you nicely.

Also not to steal your thread, but how’s the bear hunting in around Payson? It’s an area I had potential looked at going one of these years.

Smid

WKR
Foxpro TX1000 is a great remote and foxpro has some neat features but they haven’t really helped us. I have a lucky duck roughneck and the remote has day and and night modes and the sounds are great but not as many features. Icotech saber/nightstalker both have a decent easy to read remote also and the price is really good on them

OP
BighornBob
I run a lucky duck revolt and I have a buddy that uses a FoxPro x24. Both are great calls but I must say his remote is quite a bit better than mine. It’s also more expensive. If the remote is your primary concern I’d say one of the newer Foxpros would suit you nicely.

Also not to steal your thread, but how’s the bear hunting in around Payson? It’s an area I had potential looked at going one of these years.
I live exactly under the Mogollon Rim. Many bear here. Most are hunted with dogs. We usually go up on the rim and glass for bear below us.

I know this has been asked before but products and success rates change constantly. I have an older FoxPro Scorpion and looking to upgrade. My biggest problem with mine is I cannot read the red backlight remote. The font size of the screen is so small and my aging eyes have difficulty reading this with out a lot of movement.
I understand FoxPro has a new remote with larger screen and different backlighting.
The Fox Bang is something I would really like on my next caller.
What E-caller would be recommended from your field experience?
I'm in Payson AZ and most of my calling will be central AZ.
Coyotes, Bobcats, Lions and foxes will be my prey.

Bob
i was in the same exact boat as you last fall. I had a FoxPro firestorm that i used for years but never really liked it, and my eyes are slowly deteriorating and the FP remote was junk. Buddy of mine has the lucky duck revolt which is very nice IMO but I ended up going with the ICOtec Outlaw with the C4 powerhouse rechargeable lithium battery pack. I love it so far & would recommend to anyone.... also -Extra sounds are easy to download via their website

Bkp

FNG
I also use an Icotech and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Battery life is really good along with the range and the remote is easy to use.

OP
BighornBob
I ended up with the FoxPro Fusion. Cabelas had a sale on them $299. I love the new remote. Script is large enough I can read it with my 61 year old eyes. I plan to hunt with it starting next week.

Bob

OP
BighornBob
Beautiful morning set up for coyote One ran in so fast and stood in front of my call I was afraid I would shoot my caller. He turned and ran but I couldn't find him quick enough in my 6 power scope's lowest setting. Putting a different scope on it now

Attachments

• 38116736-14FE-458A-AD97-866EF108ECA1.jpeg
    38116736-14FE-458A-AD97-866EF108ECA1.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 35

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've had the FoxPro Inferno for 2 years now with no problems whatsoever.
But apparently its defective cause it hasn't called in anything other than hawks and crows.
20+ sets.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've had the FoxPro Inferno for 2 years now with no problems whatsoever.
But apparently its defective cause it hasn't called in anything other than hawks and crows.
20+ sets.
Apparently I spoke too soon. Went out for my first set the other day, which is
a good 1 mile walk in to the river swamp. I had replaced the batteries with fresh
AA Lithiums.
Got set up and started calling but couldn't hear the call. Got up, walked to the call
to make sure everything was on. Went back and tried again, same deal. Also the
Jack wasnt working. Went back to the caller and checked the batteries were
in correctly,,,,yep.
Tried one more time, this time the volume all the way up and could BARELY hear
the call. Jack never did work.
Got disgusted and left.
Havent looked at it any more.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
a good 1 mile walk in to the river swamp. I had replaced the batteries with fresh
AA Lithiums.
Got set up and started calling but couldn't hear the call. Got up, walked to the call
in correctly,,,,yep.
Got disgusted and left.
I have the Inferno too. I have run into the same situation where I walked away from the caller thinking I was all set to go. Only to find once I’m sat down nothing works.
What I found out was that occasionally if u have the caller too close to the remote when u first turn them on they occasionally don’t ‘connect’. So.... from now on I ALWAYS walk 10-15 ft from my caller and play something on a setting of 1 or 2 volume just so I can make sure that my components ‘hear’ each other. Then I go back to my stand. If memory serves me right, I think I read about a certain spacing needed in information sheet when u first turn them on.
And by the way, I had to go away from my tiny remote screen on my Firestorm also due to eyes. Got the Inferno because of the much easier to read screen. I believe it is the tx1000 remote they are talking about for the Inferno. Even that is getting tough to read for these old eyes.

AA Lithiums.
in correctly,,,,yep.
Got disgusted and left.
I always carry extra batteries if I can. Sometimes they're already drained. I have a patriot and I swapped to some fresh off brand alkaline batteries.
Did a pretty long set. Went in the next day and the light was flashing to die. So I swapped to some older batteries I had in my pack and they worked fine.

I swear sometimes those damn batteries just are DOA.

Always have a reed call with me now.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Got it sent off to FoxPro service center. We shall see.
They said expect it to take at least 2 weeks for them
to send it back.
Thats ok, duck season will be here soon.