Electronic callers

I ended up with the FoxPro Fusion. Cabelas had a sale on them $299. I love the new remote. Script is large enough I can read it with my 61 year old eyes. I plan to hunt with it starting next week.

Bob
Thanks for sharing Bob!
How has your calling been going with the new Fusion?
I also live in the Payson AZ area, been looking into upgrading my e-caller to start getting out hunting coyotes again with my two boys and my nephew.
Made a couple of stands around Thanksgiving this year north of Strawberry near Clints Wells, we have a cabin up there, didn't see anything, but on the way out, saw fresh tracks and scat that must have come in behind us and spooked before making an appearance!
I've been looking into upgrading to either a Foxpro "Shockwave" or an "X2S"

Good hunting!

-Brian

Beendare

WKR
Foxpro user here, an older Hellfire. It seems that when I went through the complex process of downloading calls to my unit;
1) buying $56 in 3 cables,
2) buying the 5 sounds from Foxpro- $32
3) adding a java app to my Mac just to get the downloader on my computer
4) download sounds to the unit
5) transfer sounds to the remote
(A 2 day project- what a pain in the azz!)

Add to that, my remote is such short range now- 20’ its worthless ( consider this when going to Foxpro, their remotes are shorter range) …Now my unit is corrupted and only plays a couple sounds———AAARRRRGGGG

I’m moving to Icotec……from the way overpriced Foxpro

Last edited:
Foxpro user here, an older Hellfire. It seems that when I went through the complex process of downloading calls to my unit;
1) buying $56 in 3 cables,
2) buying the 5 sounds from Foxpro- $32
3) adding a java app to my Mac just to get the downloader on my computer
4) download sounds to the unit
5) transfer sounds to the remote

Add that my remote is such short range now- 20’ its worthless ( consider this when going to Foxpro, their remotes are shorter range) …Now my unit only plays a couple sounds and they arent the ones in the menu———AAARRRRGGGG

I’m moving to Icotec……from the way overpriced Foxpro

yeah my foxpro was trash and the tx9 remote was an absolute joke, new tx1000s are better but still suck in my opinion compared to the remote on my ICOtec outlaw. The ICOtec can actually be operated with bigger gloves and sounds are so easy to download to the caller and sync to remote

BLJ

WKR
In for info from ICOtec owners. Looking at a GC350 Gen 2. Seems pretty user friendly and easily upgraded. Lower cost of entry as well. Any thoughts?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a Lucky Duck Revolt I'm selling. I like it, but I can't get wolf sounds on it. It's nice having different sounds than the million guys running around with Foxpros. Nothing against them, but animals get used to those sounds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In for info from ICOtec owners. Looking at a GC350 Gen 2. Seems pretty user friendly and easily upgraded. Lower cost of entry as well. Any thoughts?
no info on the GC350 Gen 2, but the OUTLAW has been the best e-caller I've ever used. Personally, the remote in the GC350 would steer me in a different direction.

BLJ

WKR
no info on the GC350 Gen 2, but the OUTLAW has been the best e-caller I've ever used. Personally, the remote in the GC350 would steer me in a different direction.
Would you mind elaborating on the remote? Is it a function issue or personal preference on features? Thanks

Would you mind elaborating on the remote? Is it a function issue or personal preference on features? Thanks
No screen on the remote so there is no volume indicator, stand timer & no coax button. Call only comes with 24 sounds that you will have to memorize or have to use a cheat sheet to know which number is which call. I also like to feature of being able to play 2 sounds at once. I like the idea of being able to set up 2 different favorite's list (10 sounds on each favorite button, my FAV1 is my favorite distress sounds & FAV2 is set up my favorite coyote vocals) and you can access them easily. The GCX remote also has a nighttime setting where you can set the backlight to black, and all text is in RED which is easily read while hunting in complete darkness.

BLJ

WKR
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of 2 calls at once and the backlight for night hunts for sure. I just don’t think I can triple my budget right now. Headlamps and cheat sheets it is.😁

TheGDog

WKR
Very pleased with the FoxPro X24 I just bought. (Good Lord it gets loud! Do NOT play full volume while testing it inside your home! Will hurt your ears!) Went back to a place where I called in a yote before with the handheld Pocket Prey Digital Caller, but wasn't successful making him go down (was there for Doves, none showed up anymore, last day of that season, so tried calling, but it was Steel #6's in the shotgun, got a shot on him, but didn't seem to phase him with that small load).

But this time with the X24 and Mojo Critter 2... one came in and stayed for a long time. I had technical difficulties with the AR I brought. Without realizing it, I'd caused it to "Traffic Jam" two rounds inside the chamber, so trigger was locked up tight. So that totally screwed that stand up. But he really stayed around a while with that caller and the sounds I was playing. Was pissed off and barking along with? or at? The caller which by then was playing a Coyote Pair Yip Howl as I remember.

PS LOVE the fact that there is a Timer shown on the screen for the TX1000 Remote.

Last edited: