Electronic Ear Plugs

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the retractable Walker ear plugs with the neck band and they work decent, but the wind really messes with them so im looking to see what else guys have had good luck with. I see on the right hand hand side of the rokslide forum that there's and ad with Cal from Meat Eater where a nice looking pair but i cant seem to find what brand they are. He is also wearing them in the new season when they are duck hunting in South Dakota.

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
Here is the picture I’m talking about

Attachments

• 73C7C6F7-2322-4776-8893-07E827C5B29D.png
    73C7C6F7-2322-4776-8893-07E827C5B29D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Got into duck hunting a few years ago, I have/had the Walker‘s originally and the wind noise bothered me too. But for the price, they are very good.

Upgraded to ESP (electronic shoot protection) as he is local-ish to me. The ESPs work great and I can wear them all day. They are pricey (and I’m scared to shi!t of losing them....). I know a couple others that went with ESPs and liked them. One of the guides I duck hunt with has the Tetras and likes them a lot.

wavygravy

FNG
I use Ottos Noizebarrier and they're great from a tech standpoint, no wind issues, great noise cancellation and they even increase the ambient noise to hear other stuff. The only thing that sucks is the foam parts for your ears, they could be more comfy.

footingit

FNG
I’ve used the Walker Razors. Not in-ear but they work OK. Wind can be annoying and they mess with your ability to locate sound. I went the suppressor route a few years and haven’t looked back. It’s a pain for sure, but worth it IMO.

Flogger

FNG
I know the guys at Tetra and the two creators are both Doctors. One of them is an Au.D and the other a Ph.D. Both of them are salt of the earth gentlemen.
They are outdoorsmen who saw a need for a problem and they knocked it out of the park. I highly recommend them. If you call Tetra you can speak directly to the inventors and they will get you setup with exactly what you need for your style of hunting. I absolutely have not been paid to say this. I just happen to believe in the products they make because I’ve used them the last 8 months and the folks at Tetra are as good as it gets.

TheCougar

WKR
Dang those are expensive. For the price, I’m inclined to just get a suppressor and still save $ on earplugs that I’ll probably lose and will eventually break.

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
Some nice looking ear plugs but for the money I’d rather just get a suppressor like others have mentioned