Electronic Predator Calls

C2hunting

FNG
You can't go wrong with any of the Foxpro calls that have the TX1000 remote. I have no personal experience with the Lucky Duck calls, but have seen quite a few good reviews from other people using them as well.

cjparry2

FNG
Just bought Lucky Duck Riot, sounds great, built in decoy great remote.
Ran minaska bandit for a long time, this one is a big upgrade just over 200.
Buy from verminator and he adds some extra sounds for free.

Hi coues32, I am interested in getting an electronic predator caller. Did you think about getting the Lucky Duck Revolt, with the rotating base?

coues32

WKR
If have extra coin, sure but happy with the riot. Buy from verminator and get some extra sounds for free.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
I'll throw in here a little. FP are great and I'm sure some others are as well. That can lead to problems though. In my area it seems everyone has a FP with the same sounds on it. The thing I see guys get hung up on is how many sounds the call can hold. The reality is even if they hunt a lot they are probably only going to use 10-15 sounds on a regular basis and of those they'll have 5 favorites that they find confidence in and go back to time and time again. Coyotes (and I'm sure wolves) are not dumb and get wise to E-calls quick (fox are dumb IMO, but that's a different story) I use my FP a lot early in the season, but by this time of the year I use it rarely opting for more mouth calls whenever I can.
midseason.jpg

mcseal2

WKR
I've added a couple other guys sounds to my FoxPro and I tend to use those more later in the year. I killed a double last Saturday that came to a mouth call I try when nothing else is working. I still had my FoxPro out and probably wouldn't have got the double without the Foxbang feature. I'm not comfortable having a diaphragm call in my mouth the whole stand to be able to do an instant kiyi when a gun goes off. Having the Foxbang do it for me on the E call has been key on getting multiple coyotes killed when they respond.

I like Rick Paillet and the Lucky Duck calls. They sound pretty awesome to me from what I've been around them. I won't own one unless they get a feature similar to the Foxbang. I really like that and the way the TX-1000 remote works on the Foxpros.

cjparry2

FNG
Aside from a black Friday sale, has anyone noticed when the electronic callers go on sale?

Gmurray70

FNG
You can make your own for under $50. There’s youtube videos on how to do it. That’s what I did before getting a foxpro. Hard part is getting all the sounds you want.

Hand calls also work just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hand calls are the way to go easy! Easy to use and always have had luck with them!

horniac

FNG
Question to you guys that supplement your e-callers with mouth calls. Do you blow them constantly without stopping for 10-15 minutes straight like the preset calling sequences on the e-caller? If not, what is your calling frequency/sequence? Just curious what everyone does since the preset calling sequences on the e-callers don’t seem to have breaks and the distress sounds are continuous...

Thanks,

Horniac

cjparry2

FNG
Found this FOXPRO unit on sale ($100 off) at Cabelas...According to the folks at FOXPRO, this unit is the same as the HammerJack except no "fuzzy wazzy" attached. The FOXPRO rep made it sound like it's a pretty good deal. These units are an exclusive to Cabelas

I’m eaten up with predator calling and it’s part of my living so I can justify the expense of a top of the line e-caller; and I’ve owned most of the Foxpro models over the years. Ive been running the Shockwave since it came out and it’s terrific - I don’t think there’s a better caller on the market. The quality of your caller determines the quality of the sound you send out and the better the sound, the more effective you’ll be.

All that said....the sounds you use are the most important factor in your success, in terms of equipment. Some of the Foxpro sounds are really good but they’ve dropped the ball in recent years, when it comes to sounds. I hate to say it but they’ve rested on their laurels too long. The sounds being issued by other people, particularly Tony Tebbe, are far better. They’re simply more effective and he’s releasing new sounds regularly. If you call public ground or areas where there’s a fair amount of other callers, the animals will have heard just about every sound in the FoxPro library. This will them less effective.

If I were going to buy a call today, and I didn’t own a sound library I would take a VERY hard look at the Icotec Night Stalker caller and particularly the Tony Tebbe version from Predator University. You get a terrific caller with a great remote AND a sound library of Tebbe sounds! I didn’t mention it earlier but the design of your remote is really important - it’s what allows you to easily organize your sounds and access them quickly. The FoxPro TX1000 and the Icotec remote for the Night Stalker are both terrific - the best on the market. If you don’t have to worry about a budget, the Shockwave with some select FoxPro sounds and a whole bunch of Tony Tebbe sounds make for the most versatile system; but not by much.

The Lucky Duck calls seem “OK” but not something I would invest my money into over FoxPro or Icotec. I find it funny that folks gripe about the cost of a caller but won’t blink to spend $700+ on a rifle and $1000 on a scope plus god knows how much on everything else it takes to get out there hunting! Lmao! That call is more important than the quality or caliber of your rifle or scope because it’s the SOURCE of your quarry. If you can’t call ‘em you can’t shoot ‘em. I kill a lot of animals with a shotgun and I could kill them with just about any gun but I couldn’t if I didn’t have a call to bring them in. Mouth calls can be great but are not nearly as versatile as a e-caller. Animals focus their attention on the sound. Mouth calling directs their attention directly at your position, where an e-caller keeps their attention focused AWAY from you. If you hunt any thick country where shots can be close, an e-caller will increase your success rate.

Hope this helps someone.

Ajvandenbosch8

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a lucky duck roughneck and the sounds are way clearer than any on the fox pros xwave.... I waited for 6 months for that xwave and sent it back the next day....

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Buy once and buy a lucky duck. I was solo slamming the dogs this day, missed a few and couldn't find one. It's not necessarily the distress calls but the vocals that are out of this world good from the verminator. Now days everyone has a ecall and having sounds that dogs haven't heard before can be the game changer. Especially in heavy public area like where I live.

Attachments

• 20181223_162524.jpg
    20181223_162524.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 52

WCB

WKR
Question to you guys that supplement your e-callers with mouth calls. Do you blow them constantly without stopping for 10-15 minutes straight like the preset calling sequences on the e-caller? If not, what is your calling frequency/sequence? Just curious what everyone does since the preset calling sequences on the e-callers don’t seem to have breaks and the distress sounds are continuous...

Thanks,

Horniac

I have never used a preset calling sequence. I do have an order or a plan going into a stand and I guess routine I normally follow. However, just depending on weather, previous reactions from Coyote or fox, or just how I feel I may set a sound and let it rip for 10min straight...more times than not I just play it for a while and stop and be quiet for a bit, then start the next one...(I really never time my call duration, sometimes I bet I have call on for 5 or 6 minutes. the next stand I may never play one more than 3 minutes). I know my ecaller I can develop my own sequence and it actually has tracks that are silent so you can have a break in your sequence.

As for hand calls I'm guessing I blow on them for a minute or two stop take a look around...start again for a minute or two. No way in hell I'm blowing constantly for 5minutes let alone 10min, Also, whether I am mouth calling or have an ecaller whatever I am doing when I spot a predator coming in I keep doing. If they hang up or change direction I get it back or change it back by calling or stopping the call. At the same time I have called a bunch stopped for a break and saw a yote or fox coming and as long as they are coming I won't make another noise.

Hunter24

FNG
I run a lucky duck riot and have been real happy with it especially for the price. I regret not buying it from the verminator. Good friend runs a foxpro hammer jack and it works great also.

C.Oshlick

FNG
Watch for a deal on a used FoxPro. Especially now with them finally releasing the new lineup of X wave calls. Lots of guys are selling the old to upgrade.

Don't buy a new call from a box store because you cant custom pick your sounds. If you decide to buy new, buy from an authorized FoxPro retailer and custom pick each sound you want and will use.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Contact Rick Palliet himself and he will hook you up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You can make your own for under $50. There’s youtube videos on how to do it. That’s what I did before getting a foxpro. Hard part is getting all the sounds you want.

Hand calls also work just fine

got any links to good ones?