Electronic Reloading Manuals and PDFs

Billinsd

WKR
I got a couple reloading manuals, however, there's probably 50 pages or so of useful information for me. I'm not interested in the history of their company or pages and pages of loading data for cartridges I will never use. It would be great to buy electronic PDFs of information that is useful for reloading. Whatever I reload and it's just my 7mm Rem Mag, now and for the forceable future the bullet and powder companies will give me free loading data. Here is an example of real useful information for reloading, the basics, although it is dated.

Thanks

tdhanses

WKR
I just use the bullet or powder manufactures load data they provide for free. Now I use that as a baseline and then go from there, personally I think buying manuals is a waste and really for the old school guys that don’t use the internet, such as my dad, there is plenty of good information to obtain a good starting point out there. Such as Alliant powders and Berger both have this info available and I’m sure many others do as well.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just use the bullet or powder manufactures load data they provide for free. Now I use that as a baseline and then go from there...

Me too and then I ask follow up questions to all you guys. That’s been working for me since this place started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdp22

FNG
I own two Speer manuals and they helped me when I was starting to reload which is where they are most valuable. I still reference them but the manufacturer’s pages are where I get most of my info now.

If you want to run the tits off a modern bullet.. need not to buy reloading manuals.

And to be fair the guys at Alliant and western powder have been super helpful when emailed. Hodgdon not as much.

How’s Vihtavuori in that regard? Looking for reloading data for n160 for 243 win and a 105gr bullet.

If my Finn was any good I could email the techs over in Suomi.

NBChance

FNG
Always fun to have a hard copy manual. My latest is the Nosler 5th edition. How old is that? ;-) Most all bullet and powder manufacturers have their current data available on-line. When I start working on a given load, I start by searching forums for guys' pet loads. I correlate the data I find, then verify with manufacturers publish (on-line) data to ensure loads are safe. I then start my load development a fair amount under and work up watching for pressure signs. I've found some pretty sweet loads using this method. And, my Magneto Speed is always measuring velocities as I work these loads up.