Elevated Rest

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
So I have shot the elevated springy rest on my ILF bow for about 3 weeks now. I found that it was very easy to tune, and very forgiving. I used the 30oz spring and the 25 oz spring but the 25oz seemed to be just a little more forgiving. I was able to get it whitetail quiet using shrink tubing and felt that it would hold up well under hunting conditions.

With all that said I switched back to shooting it off the shelf. The reason was that having the arrow setting so high above my hand was getting into my head. After awhile my hand and eye coordination seemed off and I was getting some target panic because my bow hand would tell me to shoot but my arrow was too high on the target yet. When I switched back to off the shelf things came back together.

TP is real with me from time to time and I have to work through it. I shot instinctive so long that even though I’m gap shooting now I still need that hand and eye coordination. Having that arrow close to my hand keeps it all together.

I really like the forgiveness that springy rest gives and I could make it work if that’s all I shot. But I like to switch between my bows and having that off the shelf, close to the hand similarity is best for me.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
GLB target panic has nothing to do with the rest. Not saying what’s actually happening but helping with perspective. It’s all mental. Practice form with a string bow enough to reprogram your responses.

OP
GLB

GLB

WKR
GLB target panic has nothing to do with the rest. Not saying what’s actually happening but helping with perspective. It’s all mental. Practice form with a string bow enough to reprogram your responses.
Yep I get that. As I stated that it was getting into my head (mental)