Elevation differences: Trophy Ridge Killshot versus Sure Shot Pro

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All, I was paper tuning my bow and needed to lower my TR Killshot, however, it mechnically can't adjust any lower. Does the Sure Shot Pro offer a larger range of mechanical elevation adjustment?

If that's happening it sounds like you might be getting to where you should be raising your nock point rather than lowering your rest. You want your arrow running pretty close to center of the Berger hole.

See if you can spin your nocking points up your string rather than lowering your rest.

That's all I can offer as I'm not very familiar with the rests you are asking about.

OP
S

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
I'll give that a try. Knock point aka where my d-loop is? I think the shop tied thread above and below the d-loop securing it. I think I'll need a press to move it.

also, when I am torquing down the berger hole screw, the bracket moves block-wise with the screw when it is at the final stage of becoming snug enough. Seems problematic

Attachments

• IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes, where your d-loop is. You should be able to spin it up the center serving. The serving direction will act like screw threads and spinning it will walk it up/down.

It looks like your rest is damaged now, might not be a huge deal but I'm sure it has lost some strength from it. Might be you could move your rest towards the riser to gain some support, if you can get to where the set screw is backed that will help to prevent the rest from turning on you.