Elite EnVision Thoughts?

I shot one last week, it’s an interesting bow.
The longer riser and wider limbs do help out with stability. Elite’s performance cam is fairly stiff throughout the draw cycle, but it was pretty linear (I shot a 70# bow with the limbs bottomed). I suspect it would be much less harsh around 60-65#. Noise seems to be the name of the game for 2022 bows, and the Envision is on par for noise with the new bows I’ve shot so far this year. It’s not crazy “thwup” quiet like the new Primes, but it sounds good and there’s very little vibe after the shot (bare bows are always gonna have a touch).

Some folks are gushing over it saying it shoots like a 33-35” bow — it just doesn’t. BUT… it does hold really well for a shorter axle length bow. Elite’s grips are great, the bow holds well, and it should be fast enough for its target audience as most Elite shooters value feel over outright speed.

I would have been a LOT more excited if they gave the Remedy a similar working over, got the speed up into the 340s, and released a new 34” bow alongside the Envision. Releasing only ONE new bow and letting the Remedy and Enkore percolate for one more year is a weird choice, it feel like they’re leaving us longer bow shooters in the cold when they could have made improvements on both ends of the spectrum and left the Enkore their “speed” bow. If you’re looking for a 31” bow and you‘re not chasing bells and whistles, I’d strongly consider the Envision and find a shop to shoot one at.

OP
F
Awesome review and thanks for the detail. I shot the Enkore last year and liked it and sold it before the release of the EnVision and now wish I would have waited. I shoot a fairly heavy arrow and I would have to lighten my arrow a bit to not shoot low 260s high 250s with my current arrow weight. I'm not a speed guy but I was shooting low 270s with the Enkore and don't really want to shoot slower then that. I may either go back to Enkore at a discounted price or try out the PSE EVL 34.

It looks like the EnKore and the Remedy remain in the lineup at full price.
I‘m in a similar boat, I don’t seek out speed bows but I shoot 65# at 28–28.5 so I appreciate a bow that will send hunting arrows at or over 270. Numbers on the EnVision are pretty close to the EnKore,
The PSE EVL bows look interesting, but I haven’t shot one yet. The new Primes shoot surprisingly well, and I liked the two Inline 5s I got to shoot. I’m waiting to see what Hoyt’s got up their sleeves this year, our rep is only telling us they’ll be really good (particularly the carbon bow).

Yooper

WKR
It looks like the EnKore and the Remedy remain in the lineup at full price.
I‘m in a similar boat, I don’t seek out speed bows but I shoot 65# at 28–28.5 so I appreciate a bow that will send hunting arrows at or over 270. Numbers on the EnVision are pretty close to the EnKore,
The PSE EVL bows look interesting, but I haven’t shot one yet. The new Primes shoot surprisingly well, and I liked the two Inline 5s I got to shoot. I’m waiting to see what Hoyt’s got up their sleeves this year, our rep is only telling us they’ll be really good (particularly the carbon bow).
I don't want to derail this into a discussion about the Remedy, but I'd be curious to know your thoughts on that bow as well. Just too slow for your liking? I can't find one locally to shoot but I've been eying a used one up as well as maybe just going back to a Traverse.

I don't want to derail this into a discussion about the Remedy, but I'd be curious to know your thoughts on that bow as well. Just too slow for your liking? I can't find one locally to shoot but I've been eying a used one up as well as maybe just going back to a Traverse.
No worries there. It’s not that the Remedy is too slow, I just liked what I got out of the Axius Ultra in 2020 and the Nexus 4 this year a bit better, and they all shoot within a few FPS of each other.

I’m selling my Prime soon, and I’m shooting as many 2022 bows as I can get my hands on, to see what I like and what’s not quite a fit for me. I was really hoping for an update to the Remedy because I absolutely love shooting and hunting with longer bows and dig Elite’s tuning system. The Remedy would still be a solid choice if I HAD to get something right now. But, with what Prime brought with the Inline and what we expect to see from Hoyt in the coming week, it’ll more likely be one of those bows if I don’t do something silly like getting a PSE.

sndmn11

WKR
I was really hoping for an update to the Remedy because I absolutely love shooting and hunting with longer bows and dig Elite’s tuning system. The Remedy would still be a solid choice if I HAD to get something right now.
I have been shooting a Reckoning and was really hoping for an Elite copy with their SET. The 30" draw length I have doesn't need anything from a speed bow, but I have felt that the string angle of the Reckoning leaves me with a comfortable anchor points. The Remedy and Enkore I shot last year at the shop were nice, but not nice enough to change and take a $ loss.

I shot the EnVision (70/29) yesterday with my personal hunting arrow (~486 grains). I like it a lot! It’s what they say it is. The SET tuning is awesome. I used it on my Kure this year because I switched arrows and wanted to shoot fixed blade broadheads. I have a fixed blade, 2 mechanical heads, my field point, and bare shaft grouping out to 20 yards. I had been shooting 63 lbs. but I was able to go to 70 with less practice because the current elites draw so easy. The only reason I’m not getting it is because the Kure (it’s predecessor) has similar specs. If I needed a new bow in the 31”-32” range, I’d be all over it!!

I fell in love with the Remedy (34” ATA) after shooting it and the EnKore a year ago.

The EnVision is the deadest and quietest of them all. It holds well, balances well after the shot (slight kick forward of the lower end), and has a slightest buzz after the shot (about 2 oscillations). IMO, it draws better than the EnKore (bot have the performance mod), but not as good as the standard mod on the Kure/Remedy. It holds better than the EvKore and Kure, but not the Remedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Going to go shoot it to see if it will replace my e32. I shot the enkore last year and loved it but school got in the way of hunting and didn’t “need it”