Elite Impulse 31 Cracked Limb

Will_m

WKR
My impulse has a crack in the fork of the lower limb, no idea why as it has never been dry fired nor dropped (to my knowledge). Just talked to the shop and he said since they don't make the bow anymore, he's not sure that it will be warrantied or even that they would have the limb to replace it with.

Anybody dealt with this before?

Trial153

WKR
My impulse has a crack in the fork of the lower limb, no idea why as it has never been dry fired nor dropped (to my knowledge). Just talked to the shop and he said since they don't make the bow anymore, he's not sure that it will be warrantied or even that they would have the limb to replace it with.

Anybody dealt with this before?
That's an easy limb to replace, it was on almost every elite from 2014 to 2018.... call elite or have the dealer call elite.

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Well first shop I talked to claims that Elite couldn't get me any new limbs since they don't make the bow anymore and they didn't have any 80# limbs left. He was kind of rude and was pushing a new PSE really hard so I'm going to get a second opinion from another shop.

Also, on a side note, talk about Elite losing a customer. II know things change, but damn, my warranty is basically worthless if they no longer have the limbs to repair it with. Guess I will go with a bigger brand next time.

Anyway assuming that the no 80 pounders left is true, what's the barnsdale route look like @Billy Goat ? Do I just call them up and they ship them out or am looking at months of downtime? Never even knew aftermarket limbs existed.

Well first shop I talked to claims that Elite couldn't get me any new limbs since they don't make the bow anymore and they didn't have any 80# limbs left. He was kind of rude and was pushing a new PSE really hard so I'm going to get a second opinion from another shop.

Also, on a side note, talk about Elite losing a customer. II know things change, but damn, my warranty is basically worthless if they no longer have the limbs to repair it with. Guess I will go with a bigger brand next time.

Anyway assuming that the no 80 pounders left is true, what's the barnsdale route look like @Billy Goat ? Do I just call them up and they ship them out or am looking at months of downtime? Never even knew aftermarket limbs existed.

Last set I dealt with were in hand in only a few days, that was for a bowtech. I'd call and speak with them, website is a little behind but I don't think you will find better limbs.

Other option is the tech manuals generally give you the limb deflection numbers, you might find some on eBay. I suspect you could get some from Elite, however I know several shops have felt burned by them and don't care to deal with them anymore. I know it's a hassle to deal with them on warranty.

If it were me and I really liked the bow I'd just order exactly what I want from Barnesdale, I mean exactly what I want as in they will be black but whatever deflection I wanted.

Remember Henry Ford saying you can have whatever color you want, as long as it's black?

Probably best way to contact:
[email protected]

I know he doesn't always answer the phone, he and I are a lot alike that way.

Last edited:
OP
W

Will_m

WKR
Update for anyone who might be in the same boat as me:

Went to another shop and was told Elite did have some 80 lb limbs, but they were only in snow camo. Looks like I won't have to fork over the barnsdale price, but did talk to Dave who was very helpful and I would not hesitate to use him or his limbs, I just couldn't overlook getting the replacement set for free this go round.

Did want to make a point about dealing with some of these archery shops, since the first guy told me Elite didn't have any limbs and then tried to sell me a new PSE, after lecturing me on how unnecessary the #80 limbs were in the first place.

In his defense, he was a pot-belly, know it all, noodle-armed loser.

chasewild

WKR
Finding a good pro-shop without the effing ego is like finding a 350 bull OTC. Once I find one, I'll do whatever it takes to get my bow in there.

I ordered elite limbs (2014 energy) in July and they showed up 12 days before opener. A little rattle can and she shoots just like she always has.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I have 2 sets of limbs laying at the house that will fit that bow. Don’t think they’ll make 80#. One will go 70 on a E35. Let me know if you’re interested or need them.