Elite impulse 31 vs. Bowtech reign 6

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Narrowed my search for a new bow down to these two. Bowtech is a little speedier, Elite seems a bit more relaxed at full draw.
I'm gonna go shoot both again but open to thoughts about both companies and bows. I love the Elite "save your hunt guarantee" too.

You also have the comfort setting for the BT 6. So you might make sure you are comparing apples to apples as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HookUp

WKR
Might try the reign 7 to. Holds and shoots a little better for some.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Bought the BT R6 a month ago and am in love with it. I shoot it on comfort and it's a completely different bow from performance. You have a big valley in comfort where as the performance setting takes some time to get used to as it's pretty flighty. I shot all the main manufacturers bows and BowTech wasn't even on the radar until I shot it. Never got to shoot the Elites, but buy what works best for you, but definitely shoot them in comfort mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
zman

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Any update on what you think about these bows?

Finally got back to the shop last night. Shot the reign, the elite impulse 31 and a Halon just for giggles.
Made the leap and went home with the impulse. So far so good. My wallet is thinner though.
The Elite has a rock solid back wall and is not jumpy at all. Really no shock either and I haven't even put the stabilizer on yet.

One of the reasons I decided on the Elite was it is a bit smaller than the reign. I do some stand hunting and also some trekking over deadfalls and thickets... so a slightly smaller bow (31" axle to axle) seemed right to me. Once I get it dialed in I will post again.