Elite Kure vs Ritual

Slappy

FNG
Hello all,

I have been hunting my entire life, however I’ve just recently gotten into bow hunting Whitetail in the state of New York. The last two seasons,I have been using a hand me down PSE that has to be at least 15 years old. This fall will be my third season out, and I think I’m ready to invest in my first bow.

I am currently looking at the Elite Kure, and the Ritual 30/33. My understanding is that the Ritual is last years (2019) model, and I can find them for about half the price of the Kure. I just want your opinions on what way I should go, or maybe I’m way off base and should be looking for something else completely.

This bow will be strictly for hunting, and I don’t picture myself upgrading frequently.

Thanks!

Ryan

I bought a ritual 35 this year from @dkime on here. Absolutely love the way it shoots. The Kure wasn’t an option for me as the DL only goes up to 30 inches. The Ritual is a dream to shoot, super smooth draw cycle, decent speed and extremely dead in hand after the shot. I’ve shot both 515 grain and now 620 grain arrows from it and both were very quiet with good speed. It did take a fair bit of weight to balance it out but a shorter bow may take less. Tuning on the Ritual is a little different and mine required shimming the top cam to eliminate a nock right tear. The Kure is designed from the ground up for easy tuning. I’m sure the Kure is a fantastic bow but I have zero regrets from my Ritual. I’d recommend at least the 33 inch ATA if not the 35, depending on your draw length.

OP
S

Slappy

FNG
I appreciate the response! Everything I’ve read about the Kure is that it is easy to tune, however tuning a bow is completely foreign to me. So regardless of which bow I choose, I would likely need to take it into a shop to get it set up properly.

glad you are happy with the ritual, and I’ll Be keeping an eye out for a 33/35!

Reactions: Zac

dkime

WKR
The Kure is going to be easier to tune, yes you are correct. But how much easier depends on what you have access to and how good your shop is. I have shot Elites for a decade now and tuning them is a walk in the park for me being that I have a press and a shim kit if need be. With that said, a Kure requires none of that and it has a 3 track cam system with a rotating mod and is more user friendly. Buy the one you think looks the coolest and shoot the piss out of it.

MNMatt

FNG
Currently shooting a Ritual 33, love it, but yes need a press & some knowledge. The Kure is nice but paying for the new model. Maybe down the road, but right now, the Ritual is doing just fine! 😀

Zac

WKR
Probably can't go wrong with either one. At some point you are definitely wish you bought the Kure once you figure out how to tune. Tuning broadheads on the fly without a press sounds like a dream.

OP
S

Slappy

FNG
Thanks for the info everyone. I went ahead and picked up a ritual 33.

Reactions: Zac

dkime

WKR
It’s worth your time to get a Kure just due to what it offers you over the Ritual, 3 track cam, cable and limb stops, rotating mod, SET tuning system. Unless you own a press and want to shim (to which I have plenty of bows I still do this to) I would say you’ll be pleased with the Kure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zkep

FNG
How was your tune process? Ive heard of people having to shim but I was lucky enough to have a bullet hole after about 5 minutes on my ritual 35. Def a great bow for the price I got the 2019 model for!!!

DOMMA

FNG
The Ritual 33 was one of my all time favorite bows. Very easy to shoot and holds on target. It is great for long distance shooting; 60, 70, 80, 90 yards,