Elk and Moose early winter shared habitat

I'm currently hunting 4th rifle Elk season in CO. First day of the hunt today, I saw 3 bull moose and zero elk. All three moose were within 100 yards which was pretty exciting. I spent most of the day in one to two feet of snow at least. The snow didn't seem to bother the moose any, but I'm concerned that all the elk have moved to lower elevation to get out of the deeper snow already. I know generally elk hang out at higher elevation than moose, but do they tend to transition to their winter zones sooner than moose? Should I keep working that same area and hope my luck changes or do I need to start working down slope to find the elk?

I've seen elk standing less than 100y from moose year round.

Last year I saw two bull moose fighting, was calling in 5 bull elk, and a big old grizzly came walking through the same basin and everything disappeared.

Clarence

WKR
Above 11,800 last week all we found was moose tracks. I was surprised that the elk had dropped after the snow beginning of last week. This was in Co. Live and learn I guess. Wasted a lot of time and energy going up from camp, instead of going down.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
C
Above 11,800 last week all we found was moose tracks. I was surprised that the elk had dropped after the snow beginning of last week. This was in Co. Live and learn I guess. Wasted a lot of time and energy going up from camp, instead of going down.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Yeah I went back up high today and saw a lot more moose sign. Heard from some locals that the Elk have officially moved down to their winter grounds. Changing the game plan.