Elk and mule deer habitat

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have been deciding between 2 different locations this year. One is steep and difficult to access. It has multiple mountain side meadows and thicker timber. However it is slightly easier to access and off of a major forest road. I feel it would be ok because it's super steep with lots of water and most people don't want to pack out 4 miles with 2000 ft of elevation gain.

Spot 2 is way off the beaten path and similar elevation. Still has water, some feed areas, but not nearly as good. This one is very steep(2600ft in about 1 mile) but the timber areas are smaller and thinner. Both spots have water. Second spot is very rocky soil and much steeper and remote.

Knowing that animals don't get as big here would i still be better off in spot 2? Main goals are elk first and bear 2nd. Which spot would you pick?

X-Hunter

FNG
How far apart are both spots. my plan this year is to watch hunting pressure and adjust from there if spot A is covered up with people roll out to spot B.

OP
NorthernHunter

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
How far apart are both spots. my plan this year is to watch hunting pressure and adjust from there if spot A is covered up with people roll out to spot B.
They are about 30 miles apart. I think we are going to plan on trying to get to both. We have 10 days. I appreciate the answers.